“Large Rooms, Friendly Staff, Pet Friendly” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sheraton Suites Wilmington Downtown Hotel

Sheraton Suites Wilmington Downtown Hotel
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Wilmington
New York City, New York
“Large Rooms, Friendly Staff, Pet Friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2014

My wife on I went on an impromptu road trip to Delaware and we ended up here on a last minute booking. (literally logged on the SPG app whilst close by)

We ended up with a great rate and on the top floor in a huge suite. The room, which was a bedroom/lounge split) was well appointed, the bed was comfortable and we enjoyed our stay.

We also brought our dog (a dachshund) for the trip and they were very accommodating taking dogs <40lbs.

The only issues we had were with hot water, not sure why but we struggled with it. They're also a little light on staff (I suspect that's a weekend thing as the town is basically deserted). We wanted to get breakfast downstairs, but they wouldn't do a la carte - it was about 10:30am so we may have missed it I guess.

Despite that, I would stay here again though.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
EJolikko, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Wilmington Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, August 28, 2014
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. I do apologize about the hot water issue that you experienced; I know that the maintenance staff has addressed the issue and fixed a pump. I am glad to read that you brought your dog with you during your visit, we love dogs!!
The staff hopes to see you again in the future and please have a great and safe holiday weekend!
Eric Jolikko

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2014

I stay at the Sheraton Suites for business purposes and after checking out, left a pair of glasses in my room. Pat, the lost and found/housekeeping manager personally called the room attendant, checked my room and laundry service to find that they had accidentally wrapped my glasses up with all the towels when cleaning. She was so kind and helpful - I am so grateful for her. This really shows the extent of the customer service that the SPG employees are willing to go to to ensure that your stay is fulfilled. The suite that I was upgraded to was spacious and I will definitely be staying here for any future business trips!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Pam L. thank you for the recognition of Pat, this hotel and its staff take great pride in delivering a high level service to our customers and will continue to do everything in our power to meet everyone's expectations. However, I do apologize for the oversight of the room attendant.
Have a great holiday weekend
Sincerely
Pataskala, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2014

We decided to go on a last minute road trip to visit an old Army buddy and booked a suite. The room was fantastic and the staff was super friendly! The bed was extremely comfortable which is always important when traveling! When we come back to Wilmington, we will definitely be staying here again!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
EJolikko, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Wilmington Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Thank you Buzz0809 for the great review. I am very glad to read that you had a wonderful stay with us. Have a great rest of the summer and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the area.
Warm Regards,
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2014

Our experience at this hotel was only positive. We didn't feel like leaving the hotel as we arrived from Boston so late, so we had dinner in the hotel restaurant and were pleasantly surprised. Gloria was wonderful and even our kids commented about how friendly she was!
Great place.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
EJolikko, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Wilmington Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
Thank you for your great feedback Sandee M. I am very pleased to read about your experience with Gloria, she like the entire staff works very hard to ensure that every guest has a great experience while staying in the hotel and/or eating in the restaurant. Thank you again for your comments and I hope you have a great Labor Day weekend!
Claymont, Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2014

my room was first rate i upgraded to club level and the amenities were well worth it with the robes, slippers,club lounge access, the front desk was very friendly and helpful from carmela at the desk to the housekeeper angila be very attentive and always having a smile when i needed something

would highly recommened and will be back

Room Tip: ask for upgrade to club level
Green Features: iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm nooooooooooooooooot sure, it was a great stay
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
EJolikko, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Wilmington Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. I was extremely pleased to read that you stay was great. I also truly appreciate you singling out several the staff members that went above and beyond during your stay. The entire team strives to give great service with every guest they encounter, its nice to know that you too experienced this type of service.
Lakewood, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2014

I was very satisfied with my past stay at this property. The staff is very friendly. The manager is extremely kind and caring.

The property is well kept and clean. The rooms are spacious and bright.

Everything that youy would be looking for in a hotel you would find here. On siteparking, pool, fitness center, club, suites, business center, restaurants ect

I will be staying here again.

• Stayed August 2014
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
EJolikko, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Wilmington Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
Thank you Mwwwwa for your great review. I am glad to read that you had an enjoyable stay and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the Wilmington area.
Catonsville, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

Our family stayed 2 nights on the club level, which included a fantastic continental breakfast, and wonderful attendant. The tone of our stay began with a hotel employee (who turned put to be an awesome chef, thank you for the omelette!), advising we park somewhere else, due to concern about our bikes. He offered several safer options, including the garage we didn't realize was there. Thanks for the tip! As a trainer, I loved seeing the foam roller, ropes, and massage sticks in the gym. The pool and gym hours worked well with our schedules. In all, a comfortable stay.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Thank you chrisembr for your review of the hotel. I am pleased that the staff was able to take great care of you during your stay in both the restaurant and in parking your vehicle. The staff strives to give great service to every guest and I am glad to read that you too experienced that type of service during your stay. Enjoy the rest of your summer and we look forward to seeing you and your family again in the future.
Warm Regards,