“Clean and Nicely Renovated Hotel”

Sheraton Suites Wilmington Downtown Hotel
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Wilmington
DC
“Clean and Nicely Renovated Hotel”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

The hotel was recently renovated so the rooms are nicely appointed with modern furnishing and decors. However, the doors weren't replaced and the off-white color reveals their age and the bathroom wasn't fully renovated. The both the living area of the suite and the bedroom were very large. Comparatively the bathroom was very small. The microwave and empty mini-fridge were nice amenities.

For guests intending to use the living room to house sleepers, the doors separating the bedroom from the living room have slats so light and noise will be an issue.

Free overnight parking on the weekend was readily available on the street in front and around the hotel. There are some people sleeping in the park but nothing happened to my car.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank YuppieonaShoeString
EJolikko, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Wilmington Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Thank you for detailed review of your recent stay at the hotel. We truly appreciate that you took time out of your busy day to do so. The hotel looks forward to continually upgrading the rooms this year with the replacement of the case goods and renovation of the bathrooms.
Thank you again and we hope to see you again in the future.
Eric Jolikko

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed March 6, 2014

I stayed here probably 20+ nights from August 2013 to January 2014 working with two clients in the Wilmington area. I always found the rooms to be clean and comfortable, and appreciated it being an "all-suite" hotel - it was nice to have a separate space to get work done. The staff was always very nice and welcoming, and while the Club Lounge doesn't always have loads of "healthy" options in terms of their nightly hot entrees for folks, it is a nice amenity to utilize and always fully stocked in terms of drinks and coffee and fruit. It is right in downtown Wilmington, and only a few blocks from a number of good restaurants.
A few times when this hotel was fully booked, I had to stay at the "fancier" hotel down the street, and while the lobby there is certainly more grand and the restaurant is better, I found that the rooms at the Sheraton have been more recently updated and have much more comfortable beds!
If I could change two things it would be the showers (which are adequate and have good pressure, but look a bit outdated - and will occasionally shut off and revert to tub mode mid-shower), and the size and amount of equipment in the gym, but these are pretty small qualms.
I tend to reserve 5 star ratings for really over-the-top experiences, but this place has earned every one of its four stars!

Tip: Business travelers should try to book as soon as they know they are Wilmington-bound - this place does tend to be fully booked during the week.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank KSola25
EJolikko, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Wilmington Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Thank you for your loyalty and taking your time to leave the hotel valuable feedback regarding your many stays, completely appreciate it. I have talked with the F&B team regarding offering more healthy choices. The hotel is in the process of completely updating all of the menus throughout the hotel with that in mind. Thank you again and please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you are in need of a guest room, I will do everything I can to assist.
Warm regards,
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 25, 2014

The hotel and its amenities were generally in good condition and clean but what really inspires my review is the staff, and their attention to and sincerity in accommodating me. I lost my watch--they were responsive, found it, and quickly sent it back to me. Also, I expected mail that had still not arrived by the time I checked out--they kept an eye out for it, confirmed when it arrived, and shipped it to me. And, one of my dress shirts was returned form the laundry with burn marks (these things happen)--they immediately took responsibility and reimbursed me for a replacement.

All of these inconveniences were made significantly more manageable by the hotel staff. I appreciate the service I get during such inconveniences more than that given on a daily basis when things are going smoothly. The Sheraton Suites Wilmington Downtown Hotel certainly took care of me during my stay.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
EJolikko, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Wilmington Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback concerning your recent stay at the hotel. Again, I do apologize that the laundry service damaged your shirt but I am definitely glad to read that you have received the reimbursement check as well as the watch that you had mistakenly left. The staff and I look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the Wilmington area. Thank you and have a great weekend!

Warm Regards,
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 6, 2014

I had a great experience at the Sheraton. The staff was extremely nice, even going the extra mile to help me find my lost wallet after I checked out earlier in the day. I was in town for business, and the combination of good location, good room service food, and friendly staff means I will be back.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
EJolikko, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Wilmington Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Thank you for your comments regarding your experience at the hotel. I was made aware of the lost wallet and I am VERY glad that you were able to get it back quickly. I have been in that situation before and its a scary and concerning time when its "lost".
The staff and I hope you have a great weekend and look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Warm Regards,
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed February 4, 2014

My family and I stayed overnight 2/1/14. Our children were attending a Bat Mitzvah at the Hotel Dupont and rather than pay the price we opted for the Sheraton 2 blocks away. The staff was very accomondating and friendly. The room which was a suite, was large and we had plenty of room. There was a nice large mirror and dressing area too. We had a great buffet breakfast the next morning. I would definatley reccomend this hotel to anyone!

Room Tip: Try to get a junior suite with 2 double beds and sitting area with TV and sofabed.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
EJolikko, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Wilmington Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. I hope your family a great weekend and thoroughly enjoyed Bat Mitzvah. What a great time for the young lady going through her coming to age rituals. We do appreciate the very nice comments regarding the staff and the hotel and hope that if you are in the Wilmington area again you will stay with us.
Have a safe and happy 2014!
Warm Regards
Milan, Italy
Reviewed January 31, 2014

There's nothing really wrong with this hotel. Staff were nice and helpful and the service relatively good (complimentary parking as well). Still, it feels like this place has seen its better days. The rooms are really large (separate living room and bedroom). I did not like the lack of free wifi.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
EJolikko, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Wilmington Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, February 2, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. In regards to the guest rooms being “dated”, the color scheme is Sheraton/Starwood approved and recommended. The wallpaper, rugs and sofas where installed in November and December of 2012. The hotel also replaced the chair, ottoman and lighting package in the hotel in March 2013. The hotel has additional renovations that will be completed in 2014 as well. Thank you again.
Warm Regards
Mass.
Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

I found the hotel to be very good. The room was modern and very spacious. The bed was very comfortable. I did not eat in the hotel (see my review of Harry's). The gym is very small. Really not useable by more than 2 people.

Parking under the hotel was very convenient.

Good choice while in Wilmington.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
EJolikko, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Wilmington Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Thank you for your nice comments regarding your stay at the hotel. The staff and I truly appreciate them. We hope the next time you are in the area you choose the Sheraton Suites Wilmington Downtown again!
Stay warm and have a great weekend!