“Comfortable”

Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Wilmington
East Midlands, UK
“Comfortable”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

This is a good comfortable hotel in downtown Wilmington, with a good location . The suite style rooms were large, well-appointed and very comfortable with flat screen TV’s in both of the rooms and an efficient air conditioning system. My only real complaint against they charge so much for in room Wi-Fi connection? Free internet access was available from the small business centre in the lobby.
In summary I would call this hotel comfortable but with no particular stand out feature

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
EJolikko, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Wilmington Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent exerience at the Sheraton Suites Wilmington Downtown. The staff and I truely appriciate your feedback. I would agree that the rooms are very spacious and while the hotel just completed a partial room renovation at the end of 2012, the hotel still plans to start replacing it's case goods and start guestroom bathroom renovations. Thank you again and hope you have an enjoyable summer
Eric Jolikko

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

It was a little quirky getting to the hotel, but that is due to the street layout in Wilmington. Once you get your bearings it is a breeze. It was a little difficult getting checked in due to several wedding parties and the Delaware Marathon, my reason for staying. The rooms were very nice, well appointed and spacious. The exercise/pool area was small, but well laid out and equipped. The restaurant had a small, but varied menu and the food was above average. The concierge was very helpful turning my family on to a Wilmington tradition, Mrs. Robino's in Little Italy. Parking is underground, secure, but very tight even for our compact SUV. For an upscale hotel, I did not like the nickel and diming about things like wifi charges of $10/day. That said, I would recommend this hotel to my friends and family.

• Stayed May 2013
EJolikko, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Wilmington Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. After reading your review, it sounds like you had an enjoyable stay and the staff and I are very happy that we could accommodate you and make your stay a pleasant one. We hope to see you again the next time you are in the Wilmington area.
Have an enjoyable summer!
Summit, New Jersey
Reviewed May 28, 2013

My family reserved a couple rooms at the Sheraton Suites Wilmington Downtown to attend a nearby event.

Wilmington isn't exactly a big, bustling city, but the location was convenient and fairly quiet. The hotel is mere minutes from I-95, and fairly easy to get to most locations in the area. I must concur with other reviews noting the tremendously tight parking. I am not shy in parking lots, nor do I drive a large car, but my experience there left me sweating.

The rooms (all suites) were pretty perfect for my family that includes two small kids. A small refrigerator for milk and separate living/sleeping room meant that my wife and I did not have to go to bed at 8:30 pm. We were just able to get a crib into the bedroom with two double beds, keeping the kids together.

The quality of the rooms was mixed. It looked to me to be a hotel that had been upgraded, but still showed its age.

Overall, I would probably go back for the convenience and cost, though I could not call this a top-rate hotel.

Room Tip: The hotel does offer a Preferred Guest floor for members of SPG. Guests on that floor do benefit fro...
1 Thank mrcook128
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. The Sheraton Suites is the only all-suite property in Downtown Wilmington and allows for more room to relax and/or work comfortably. However, I would agree that adding a crib to a room with two double beds can be a little tight but by closing off the french doors to the bedroom allows for other family members to still be able to watch TV, talk , work or relax while the children sleep. Thank you again and the staff and I hope that you and your family have a great summer!
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed one night for a wedding. The suites were beautiful! The beds were extremely comfortable. I would highly recommend this place if you have to go to Wilmington....

My only complaint was that the the garage was very tight. Small spaces and a tight turn coming out....

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments regarding you stay at the Sheraton Suites Wilmington Downtown. The staff and I were very pleased to see that you had a great stay. We also look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Have a great summer!
Raleigh, NC
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I have stayed at several Sheraton properties on the east coast and can say this hotel is not quite up to par. First off the underground parking garage is very tight. Turning into and out of it was pretty tight with a ford escape, they may have had on grade parking for larger vehicles. The parking garage elevator only goes to the lobby, where you have to get off and get on another elevator to go up to your floor, just a little annoying.
We had a (2) full bed suite on the 10th floor. The room showed quite a bit of ware and tear. The sink was cracked, the bathroom ceiling had quite a bit of water damage, the bathroom door paint was chipping off. However the beds were comfortable, the seating area in the suite was spacious and the views were great of downtown Wilmington.
This hotel is pet friendly, which unfortunately meant we heard the dog in the room next to us barking quite a bit.
The hotel did loose power for a couple hours one of the night we were there. However several blocks downtown lost power too, so I wouldn't put that on the hotel.
I just had some bad taste in my mouth after a two night stay here.

Room Tip: The Wilmington Street Ale House is a short walk away and a great restaurant
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback. I can tell you that the hotel just finished a room renovation that included new carpet, draperies, couch, chair and ottoman as well as the wallpaper in all the guest rooms. The bathroom renovation is scheduled for 2013 and 2014.
In addition, while the hotel had no control over the loss of power Saturday May 25, I can tell you that several of the managers and I were notified and arrived shortly after to assist guests in any way possible. There were multiple blocks in the city of Wilmington that did not have power. The power was out for one hour and forty minutes due to a “ground line” failure, according to the information that I was given by the Delmarva technicians that arrived at the hotel and assisted with getting the power back on. I do apologize for the inconvenience.
Thank you again and please have an enjoyable summer
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We were looking for a hotel in the Newark De. area for my daughters graduation from the University of Delaware. Unfortunately we started our hotel search too late and found many hotels in that area fully booked. We expanded our search north and luckily found the Sheraton Suites. Front desk staff was wonderful, room was very large, bed was perfect. There were complimentary cookies and iced tea in the lobby, what a nice touch. There was a wedding that night and upon arrival I was told the hotel was booked. I was worried about the noise that sometimes follows after a wedding reception, there was none! The only tricky thing about this hotel is the parking, there is a garage under the hotel. The entrance to check in which also leads to the entrance of the parking garage is narrow. We unloaded the car, brought the bags into the lobby, and sent my husband down to park in the garage. He took the elevator to the lobby and then we headed to the room. There is a $12.00 parking charge, with unlimited in and out with your room key. Free Internet is available in the lobby only.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Congratulations to your daughter on her graduation from UofD. I can only imagine how proud that you are. Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. The staff and I were very pleased to read that you had a nice stay. If your travels bring you to DE in the future, hopefully you choose to stay with us again.
Have a great summer!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I stayed at the Sheraton for one night about three weeks ago. Left a very, very expensive set of prescription glasses in my room. Didn't realize I had forgotten them for 2.5 weeks. I checked with the Pat Matonis, Executive Housekeeper, and she promptly identified my glasses and offered to overnight them to me, free of charge. It is this type of attention to detail that impresses me most and I'm also thankful for the housekeeper who picked up my glasses and provided them to lost and found - - this is the way it is supposed to work and I'm highly grateful. If I'm back in Wilmington I will most definitly frequent this Sheraton again! Thank You!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
EJolikko, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Wilmington Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Thank you for your feedback in regards to your recent stay and lost and found item. . I know that they can be very expensive and time consuming to get new ones so I am glad that Pat and the housekeeping team was able to assist you and be able to send back your glasses.
Thank you again and have a great Memorial Day weekend!