“Wonderful weekend!”

Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Wilmington
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
“Wonderful weekend!”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

I came to Wilmington to visit an old friend. Loved this hotel! Everyone made us feel welcome! Dinner was great, breakfast buffet was delicous, staff was friendly and professional! Would stay here again!

Room Tip: Hangtime Pinot Noir is delicious!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
chapman1118, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Wilmington, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Katie,
Thank you for your review of our hotel! We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Wilmington!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Polish first
NJ, United States
Reviewed February 24, 2014

I wanted to share with you all how disappointed I was at this hotel for a list of reasons: 1) Breakfast - I'm pretty sure when I signed up for the hotel I selected the option for complementary breakfast, otherwise I would have most definitely selected another hotel. When I checked in the frontdesk said that it was $15/day and I couldn't add it to a package deal, instead I was issued one day free for the miscommunication. Ok, whatever I can let that slide and not eat breakfast there. 2) The pool was broken and I was notified a couple hours before check in. I selected this location for the pool and to have been notified an hour before check in was very disappointing - I will give the benefit of the doubt that the pool broke on that day and would remained closed until fixed, but nevertheless it was too late to cancel or change my reservation. It would have costed me more to choose another hotel in the area. 3) Room 563 was my original room, however after trying to take a shower it wasn't draining. An engineer was sent to fix it and he wasn't able to. The front desk told me I had to change rooms - so I had to pack up everything and wait for a room to be ready for me. This was quite troublesome and something that should have been checked before I checked into the room. The front desk said they'll give me complementary breakfast for the remainder of my stay at 5000 hilton points. However having my feet soaked in God knows what still makes me cringe. 4) Room 566 was the room I was given afterwards due to the shower. This room is horrible. This must be the room they reserve for situations like this last minute change. First off there was no lounge chair and there was no lamp on the desk. This may seem trivial, but for someone that works at the hotel room after hours this made it very difficult. The bathroom was pretty gross and filthy every day of my stay (wasn't the case in room 563), esp under the sink. Not only was it dirty but it was obnoxiously loud. I could hear the water running from other rooms all through the night. I did not have this issue in room 563. Even worse, there were flies in my room. For two nights I found flies buzzing around my bed by the lamp. Absolutely disgusted by this. 5) The parking lot. It snowed during my stay and the lot was never plowed before the morning commute. At this point I didn't care until I slipped on ice going to my car. The entire way to my car was a sheet of ice. There was no signs of deicers or salt and a sure tell sign of a lawsuit. 6) I tried buying 2 bottles of soda and the front desk insisted it had to go through my hotel invoice. When I told them it'd be difficult on my end to itemize it when I do my expense report, she said there was nothing she could do. So I decided not to purchase it.

1 Thank N2773IVbrians
chapman1118, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Wilmington, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Brian,
Thank you for the review of you stay with us. The DoubleTree strives to make every guests experience a positive one, however, we did not live up to your or our own expectations during your stay. A member of our staff will reach out to you to discuss the stay in more detail.
Urbana, United States
Reviewed February 22, 2014

good service. Room was small compared to other Double Trees at that price point. Breakfast and buffet line was very good quality and exceptional price for the product. The staff were extremely professional and friendly.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

chapman1118, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Wilmington, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Thank you Ed for the review. We appreciate the feedback and look forward to have you come back and stay with us in the future!
Valparaiso, Indiana
Reviewed February 22, 2014

This hotel went above and beyond to service me and other guests during the horrible snow in February 2014. The one women show for breakfast was fantastic to the guy that dug my car our of the heavy wet snow. Fantastic service ! I will stay her again and it sets a new standard for service.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your review! We love to hear when our staff goes beyond our guests expectations! Come back again soon!
Irving, United States
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Fantastic staff and great service throughout the entire hotel. Fitness area could have more equipment but overall not bad. The hotel was in a great area with a mall next door and lots of eating establishments. The hotel does contract with a local YMCA for more fitness opportunites but it is not in walking distance. I have visited this YMCA before and it is very nice.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

chapman1118, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Wilmington, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Thank you for your honest review of the hotel. We are currently planning a 5.5 million dollar reinvention of the hotel and expanding our fitness center is part of those plans. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Wilmington, United States
Reviewed February 21, 2014

I booked a suite online since many family members were staying in the same hotel and I wanted us to have a place to socialize. When I arrived the front desk told me the family staying in my room prior to my arrival wanted to extend their stay and since I was only ONE person, I didn't need the suite. I was irritated and explained I booked this room online and they couldn't just give it to someone else. They offered me a free lunch. A free lunch as punishment for not being a group large enough to stay in the suite. The next morning when house keeping cleaned my room they left all my bed pillows on the floor. It's as if they were not even paying attention to what they doing. Construction started up in the lot next door every morning around 7:30am. Food in restaurant is ok. The breakfast buffet had different selections everyday. Poor front desk service upon my arrival really left a bad taste in my mouth.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Jessica-
Thank you for taking the time to share this detailed feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your honest input on our dining, service and property appointment and we will use your comments as we continue to evolve our guests' experience moving forward. We hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in the area so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your satisfaction. If we may be of any additional assistance or if you would like to discuss your stay further, please do not hesitate to contact our offices directly.
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

I stay here when I travel for business. The rooms are always clean, the staff is moderately friendly and the hotel is quiet. It is near lots of restaurants and stores, including a Marshall's which always has good merchandise and you don't have to pay tax on clothes :)

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Miss ToraT
Thank you for the kind words. make sure you stay with us the next time you come shopping in the area! Plenty more stores to choose from!