Courtyard by Marriott Wilmington Downtown
  • Breakfast included
Fairview Inn(Wilmington)
Budget Inn(New Castle)
View Hotel
All reviewsfront deskbrick wallmarket streetshort walkwilmington downtownbusiness travelerthe river walkbusiness tripthe entire staffchecking inenjoyed my staybed was very comfortablebistrogarageweekendsriverfrontbusinesses
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

Nice clean rooms this was second time staying here. I would recommend this hotel to my family and friends i would also stay here again. I do wish they had better deals on the room cost . The staff was very nice and helpful.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 17, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel on numerous occasions in the past, but were pleased to see that this year it had undergone a very pleasant renovation to its entire ground floor including the reception and breakfast areas. The rooms, while small, have everything that you might require. The reception staff were very helpful and the breakfast staff very obliging. They make terrific bacon just the way I like it! The hotel is very well situated to downtown Offices and to a selection of restaurants.

Room Tip: We had a room on the first floor at the end of the corridor looking towards the back of the building.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Christina R, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Wilmington Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Thank you for being such a loyal guest; I appreciate you taking the time to share your comments. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our lobby renovation to include The Bistro and that our associates took good care of you.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

This hotel is located in central Wilmington. We arrived by Amtrak in the afternoon on a very hot and sunny July-day, over 90 F. We didn't take a cab but walked to the hotel. It worked but we were tired after walking for about half an hour. When we came there my credit card didn't get through. The receptionist said we should call our bank about it because when you travel the bank can Believe the card is stolen, a kind of security. But who calls a bank in Sweden in the middle of the night (time differences).My partner's card worked. Mine had been used for our other hotel, the first in the USA we had been at. This was the second. I checked my account online and nothing was wrong. There was enough Money to use. I said this will be a big problem for us when travelling over 3 weeks if the bank believes that the card is stolen in every state. I Went down to the front desk to talk about it but she insisted it didn't work. Ok, something must be wrong. I was very sad about this. And indeed very worried about this. To add it was our anniversary. When I again told that nothing was wrong with the account and wanted the receptionist to listen to my problem, not saying it was her fault, she was acting very rude and wanted me to calm down and raised her voice. To add she starting talking to her colleagues about it at the front desk and said my card didn't work but my partner's. I felt very upset about this and still sad afterwards. We didn't even feel for eating out but forced ourselves to. Not much to choose from after 5 pm. After some time we found a pasta/pizza Place and the credit card worked. The room was quite ok and breakfast was included. It was no traditional breakfast. you chose from a hot or a Continental deal. We took the Continental. We had Three things to add. We had the yoghurt cups with pineapples/cocoa, So fresh and yummy. The yoghurt cup and the nice receptionist at checking-out made this Review from 1 to 2. It feels this hotel is more of a business hotel than for Tourists. The Town-centre has not much to offer except for the nice Delaware museum and the Old Swedes Church, a few restaurants open after 5 pm. Not many people out after 7 pm. I wouldn't walk there alone in the evening.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback. July was hot and humid this year, so I can imagine how you felt after walking to our hotel from the Amtrak station. Even though we are just over 1 mile away, we do not typically suggest walking, especially with luggage. I am so sorry that we experienced an issue with you credit card and for how our front desk associate handled the situation and how she made you feel. I will be sure to review your comments with all of our currect front desk associates as we have had some staffing changes in the 4 months since your stay. I do hope that you enjoyed the remainder of your travel in the US.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

Honestly, this hotel was only selected because its location near my meeting. I arrived late, hungry and tired. I was extremely pleased they had an in hotel bistro. Even though it was soup and a sandwich, both were done very well. The staff were extremely personable, helpful and professional. The room was quiet, clean and well appointed. In the morning they were willing to hold my bag while I was at my meeting - and even greeted me by name when I came back to retrieve it. They did a great job! Thanks for making my stay so pleasant.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I've stayed here a couple times for work. The location is perfect - walking distance to few bars, restaurants, and the office. Most places close down after business hours, so plan ahead for supper. Hotel doesn't have room service, but there is a bistro on site that is open until about 10pm. You can order and take up to your room.

The rooms had plenty of space. It's great to sprawl our without feeling claustrophobic. The King size bed was very comfy. Loved the pillows too. The first trip I stayed, my room was right next to the elevator - didn't hear a sound! The second trip, I had very noisy neighbors. I called the front desk on the second night and I didn't hear them again. Thankfully.

The front desk staff and security were very nice and bubbly! Great after a long flight. When I travel to Wilmington again for work, I hope to stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms facing East will have a beautiful view of the sunrise.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business