“Ask for different pillows. Little vanity space in bathroom.”

Courtyard Wilmington Downtown
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Wilmington
Daejeon, South Korea
“Ask for different pillows. Little vanity space in bathroom.”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

As my coworker aptly put it, you could ball up the pillows in one fist, all five of them on the bed, so ask for a different firmness of pillow. I was disappointed that there was very little vanity space in the bathroom.

The desk and work area provided plenty of space and electrical outlets were easily found. Parking is provided in a public parking garage. I had difficulty getting a comfortable temperature in the room, there seemed to be no true auto that would turn on/off the heat.

I did like the infused water that was available to guests at all times, and the convenience of the business center that allowed you to print/fax/copy as needed.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Baltimore
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed in Wilmington to see a concert. Had a poor experience with the room and the neighborhood. I don't know Wilmington, but the location was sketchy at best. This was made worse by the fact that we had to park outside the hotel in a public parking garage. I did not feel safe. The room was old and dirty. Their idea of a renovation was new carpet and a new slab of marble in the bathroom. The curtains were dirty. The walls were dirty. The bed linens were okay, but worn. The bathroom was dirty. The walls were thin. We were disturbed by loud neighbors. I was very disappointed because I usually have good luck at Courtyard Marriott.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Diana S
Florida
Reviewed November 2, 2012

So I booked through Priceline ....said "South Wilmington." We'll, if this is SOUTH Wilmington, then Philadelphia is in New York.

I arrived and was greeted by a young lady who seemed to care less whether I was there or not. I asked about parking and was told, go ahead and let's check in and then I'll take care of that question. Well, I checked in and then found out there was NO on site parking....only the public parking down the end of the block (of a one way street). She proceeds to hand me a parking pass ...saying "it's complimentary" and then told me to bring my stuff from the car before parking because it was a pretty good distance. That's an understatement.

The hotel is on a one way street. So to get to parking, you have to go to the end of the block, turn left...go down a block .... Turn left and the drive a block and a half to get to the lot (this during rush hour traffic). I ended up having to to the third floor of the lot and then walk back a block and a half to the hotel. Along the way, at about 430pm, I get stopped by two different panhandlers looking for money.

Once back at the hotel, I ask the guy who is now on duty about the safety of the area. "Oh, I think it's pretty good, we don't get much trouble down here."

I went to the room and was greeted by an older, style motel room. It was fairly warm in the room so I decided to cool it off .... The A/C was already set to 68! I started immediately noticing the people in the next rooms conversation as well....paper thin walls.

I began thinking of coming back here at 11pm ... In the dark, walking down the streets to the motel from the parking garage.

Even though I prepaid, I'm out of there. Never again....

Worse part is that Priceline could give a care...."sorry but not our problem."

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank paradigmwg
Abingdon, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I thought the price was good. The room was very nice. Some might not like it since it had a view of the parking garage, but it was quiet - the hotel is on a side street. The breakfast bar offers decent food but in the morning it can get very slow. Although the website for the hotel indicated parking was extra, it was not - at least on the weekend when we were there.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Me and my husband came to town to visit family that we have between Wilmington and Philadelphia. We decided to stay in Wilmington due to the fact that it's cheaper and more relaxed versus staying in the big city. When we arrived at the hotel, we were greeted with a wonderful and friendly gentlemen at the front desk, he had so much wonderful information for us and made us feel very comfortable from the door! Our room was perfect and spacious and was very clean and fresh smelling, they had a restuarant that was open for breakfast & dinner and it served its purpose well. Everyone that worked there were very friendly and even recommended on what to eat, as far as price goes it was good pricing due to the convenience of having an in house restuarant. Parking was very cheap and even though it's not directly connected to the hotel, it's still close enough to the hotel..besides... Parking in downtown hotels never have parking lots or connecting garages, so that was not a big deal. In conclusion everything was PERFECT at the Courtyard Wilmington downtown! Friendly people, awesome hotel, and great amenities! I will truly recommend it to everyone and will be back for sure! :-) THANKS MARRIOTT FOR AN AWESOME HOTEL!

• Stayed October 2012
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Stay away. Rooms have paper thin walls and some crazy idiot started screaming in the middle of the night. Parking was a hasle and the recommendation for dinner at the Ale house sucked. Overall, sorry I booked this hotel. Homeless people out front try to shake you down for money. Avoid this hotel.

Room Tip: go somewhere else
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
Reviewed July 18, 2012

We stayed here for just one night while we were passing through. The rooms were clean and the hotel staff was very friendly, but the rooms were very expensive. Most of the downtown Wilmington hotels seem to be that way as well - if you're looking for better value and are willing to say a little further away, New Castle likely has better deals.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple