“Good Luck”

Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Wilmington
Pompton Plains, NJ
“Good Luck”
Reviewed August 23, 2009

Our stay here was less than satisfactory...as soon as we entered the guest room, the smell of smoke and mildew hit us in our faces. There was so much mildew in the bathroom, I took showers with my flip-flops on. Thought that we would relax in the jacuzzi before dinner, however, it looked like the swamp thing would rise up out of it. We stayed here for about a week and it never was fixed. After dinner one night, we got lost in downtown Wilmington and called the hotel for directions back and were told that they were not familiar with the area. Lastly, one morning we went to get in our car and found it surrounded with chicken bones and a used condom. This was not a pleasant sight first thing in the morning. Needless to say, we will not be staying here again....It's DISGUSTING!!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Hampshire
Reviewed May 26, 2009

This property was easy to find as it is on the main highway but a bit old and unattractive at first sight. Luckily our non-smoking room was at the back so not noisy but if you're a smoker you'll be at the front which I would imagine could be noisy. There was a nice pool area. The front desk staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful and gave us loads of info on places to visit and made a phone call for us to check opening times. Coffee 24hrs in lobby.
The room was average with a small bathroom with a loo in it and a washbasin and vanity unit outside. Plenty of storage. Microwave and fridge. Usual amenities. The rooms are probably due a refurb but were clean and pleasant enough.
The breakfast was described as 'Deluxe' which I would dispute! It was very basic and sparse compared to others. There were 2 types of pastries, cereals, oats, apples, breads, bagels and various cream cheese concoctions and hard boiled eggs. Juice and coffee etc. That said, it was adequate.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Pearl65
megamary19
Reviewed February 17, 2009

Ok I was traveling and decided to stop off and just get a room for the night. The rates were way over priced and I don't even think anyone else was staying there. There may have been 4 or 5 cars in the parking lot and they most likely belonged to the workers. Either was it was late and I needed some place to stay. So after the snobby front desk girl directed me to my room, I noticed my bed wasn't a king bed room and was 2 doubles. Oh no I have to deal with the front desk staff again! Well they situated it out but after seeing what I got I would of stayed in the 2 double bed room. This room was dirty cobwebs in the corners of the ceiling, the sink have like a rust around the ring, I wish I had a camera. I was literally afraid to climb into bed. The mattress felt like I was sleeping on rocks and the heater didn't work. The only thing that saved this hotel was getting away from it to Concord Mall and all of the great restaurants.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Wilmington hotels

philadelphia
Reviewed February 7, 2009

Alright lets get started with this god awful establishment. Staff wasn't very friendly but that's pretty common in a lot of hotels. What isn't common is the BUG infestation in my room! Has anyone ever seen joe's apartment? The movie had to of been shot here. The walls in my room looked like they had a coating of dirt over them. The tub water was brown when I turned it on. Just overall interior and exterior of this hotel was just horrifying. Don't stay here

• Liked — The breakfast
  • Disliked — the room
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
North Carolina
Reviewed November 19, 2008

I have never stayed in hotel so dirty. I was on the first floor..room 136 or 137. The carpet was wet, felt almost like sponge. It smelled like cigarette. It made my daughter sick. It was dark, the lighting was terrible. the spreads were so dirty, I couldn't even begin to tell how bad. I called to see what the rate was and was told $110. Was asked when I arrived for AAA for discount and the cost was still $110. The lobby appeared clean and we ate breakfast and it seemed clean. Arrived late on Friday, spend Saturday night because I didn't know where else to go. This place needs a good cleaning, probably carpet needs to be replaced, I don't think cleaning the carpet would help.

• Liked — N/A
  • Disliked — the room
  • Stayed November 2008
1 Thank Grandmother06
usa
Reviewed September 5, 2008

The hotel website is incredibly complex, with lots of alternative rates and rooms. We chose a room with a queen bed, internet access, and a small frefrigerator. The rate we paid was slightly different than the one we thought we had selected on the internet. The two other families in our group never could find the rate we got. Our room was clean, though another person in our group said there was a lot of mold in the first two rooms she looked at. The breakfast is ok - bagels, toast, cereal, hard boiled eggs, coffee. Easy access to the interstate and downtown Wilmington. This is a traditional motel, with rooms that open to the parking lot or onto a center courtyard that has a swimming pool. The court yard is accessible from the parking lot without use of a room key. Perfectly acceptable for a couple. I would not have felt safe were I alone.

• Liked — convenient location and free internet.
  • Disliked — pillows - thick kapok. I came home with a stiff neck.
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank equitraveler
RI
Reviewed August 4, 2008

We booked this hotel largely for the package deal (tickets to Longwood Gardens, Winterthur, and Brandywine Museum), and were basically satisfied. Our room the first night was very small, and the bed was a full-size rather than a queen that we had asked for. The next day they upgraded us to a king-size bed and a much bigger room for the same price. The staff was very friendly and helpful, but the pool was freezing, and the hot tub only had one jet that really worked well. The breakfast buffet was OK, but we ate at the Hollywood Diner twice for breakfast, then just snacked for lunch. We also had dinner at the diner the first evening, and it was quite good (crabcake salad!)

• Liked — the helpful staff and the package price
  • Disliked — the pool and hot tub
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple