“Good location and good staff” 5 of 5 bubbles

BEST WESTERN Brandywine Valley Inn
BEST WESTERN Brandywine Valley Inn
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Wilmington
Eskilstrup, Denmark
“Good location and good staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

I have been staying here a few times over the last couple of years on business. I find the location great in terms of getting downtown and other business locations I need as well as to the malls and restaurants and take out places I like.

The facilities and the rooms are good for the rates. This trip I had a problem with a running toilet and was moved so that I would not be disturbed by the noise as they could not fix it straight away.

I have had some issues connecting to the net especially if there are a lot of guests staying with their laptops, phones and iPads all trying to connect in the evening but have been able to hold my web conferences okay.

The afternoon/evening staff have always been fantastic. Very friendly and welcoming making long business trips a little more bearable.

Overall I have been very happy with my stays here.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Vaorbust
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

This Best Western is in a convenient location for business travelers and tourists; the front desk staff was professional although not terribly friendly. This is the second time I have stayed here, and frankly the rooms are in a definite need of an overhaul. They are small and dated, and have a musty smell. There is a pool/patio area which was nice, but the hot tub looked dirty and wasn't even warm. There is a good restaurant next door that serves huge portions and great desserts, which is convenient. Breakfast was standard motel cold fare. We stayed on a Sunday night and it cost us $144. ; my impression is that that was double what they should have charged, and I have stayed in a lot of Best Westerns. I think they charge this rate due to the DuPont and Astra Zeneca business people. Next time we will definitely look for a B and B or something more romantic in the Brandywine Valley when visiting Winterthur, Nemours, Hagley Museum, Longwood Gardens etc.

Room Tip: If you have kids you could ask for a downstairs pool facing room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Kingston, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

We have stayed in many high end and many low end hotels. This lacked the usual upgrades that you expect from a Best Western Plus. Cigarette packs laid on the floor for two days. We are non-smokers.
I found orange peels under the sheets. Was the room even cleaned prior to our arrival or during our stay? Breakfast was lack-lustre. Had it not been the location and free night voucher I would not have stayed here.
We are used to Motel style rooms and also high end Hotels, but this was very disappointing. The entire place needs an upgrade.
The trim on the bathroom lights sat on top of the towels.
Yes, the lady at checking was friendly, but most of the staff sat smoking at the stairwell every time we went by.
Th price was right (free voucher from so many nights we stay away) but that's the only Plus about this place

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Wilmington hotels

Columbus, Ohio, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

This place needs to be looked at by the health department. The odor knocks you over when you walk in the door. It's a musty moldy smell. The rooms smell equally as bad. The bathrooms are scary. A black mold on the ceiling, no water pressure, and yes urine on the walls. There is a half inch gap around the door to let in any four plus legged creatures. Carpets are terrible and remotes didn't work. Don't bother talking to anyone at the front desk because noone has any authority and refer everything to a manager that doesn't seem to exist. The pool closed at 8pm. I didn't have kids with me but I saw several sad faces with bathing suits on staring throuth the fence. I could go on, but you get the point. To top it off they even charged me for a night I cancelled! Noone could help me but the manager that was never found. Paid the bill and will never go back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo