SureStay Plus Hotel by Best Western Brandywine Valley
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Wilmington
Reviewed February 27, 2013

The outdoor pool area was under construction and it was very noisy. There was no Bar or Restaurant, only some low quality, high carb free breakfast. All the rooms had to be accessed from the outside pool area. The gym equipment was inferior. I paid $139.25 or something like that for what? I could have stayed in the Hilton downtown Wilmington for the same amount? This is like a Holiday Inn express, you take away all the services and then charge more money than the hotels with services, it is a joke! the only thing i can say is the people working at the hotel were very polite and friendly>

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Timothy H
MaryT687, Manager at SureStay Plus Hotel by Best Western Brandywine Valley, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Dear Timothy H,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 302-543-6155.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Between visiting relatives in PA and NC, we stopped here for one night. It was a great move. The rooms were quiet and clean, the desk people were polite and helpful, and we had a nice breakfast before we started out the next morning, too!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Bart176

Dear Bart176,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 302-543-6155.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

At first glance, the hotel is a typical 2-story motor lodge. Inside, however, it was most impressive. The staff was amazing -- very "homey" and friendly -- as though you were staying with your favorite aunt or grandma. Branded Manhattan Bagels coffee was a very nice touch -- a big step up from the institutional coffee found in most midscale hotel lobbies. Breakfast included biscuit sandwiches, waffles, yogurt, fresh and canned fruit, cereal, and oatmeal -- again a step above the usual, in my opinion. Although rooms are exterior-corridor, those in the business class section are inside a courtyard that is key-accessed, adding a level of security. The rooms were basic, but very clean and comfortable. DVD players with a DVD library were another thoughtful touch (there's also a Redbox DVD machine right next door). Plenty of good stores and restaurants within walking distance.

Room Tip: If you're concerned about the security of exterior-corridor rooms, choose a courtyard room, as t...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ROCchef

Dear ROCchef ,

Reviewed January 3, 2013

I was attending a trade show in the area and the organization had a reduced convention rate for the event. I have stayed at other Best Western Plus properties which were very well maintained and updated. The Brandywine Valley Inn was neither. The Inn is a drive up Motel that looks like the drive up Motel we stayed in when we were on the family vacation when we were kids. Not much has changed in the forty or so years. The room were small and cramped. The beds were not great. The bathroom was very small and the shower head had something in it so only the right side of the shower head worked. Travelers beware! I would not recommend this Motel to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear Whytegroup,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we have used the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

The location is close to restaurants and my family's home. So I will probably stay there again but the size of the room was small. I have stayed in a few different hotels and the rooms with two beds were larger including the beds.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I enjoyed my stay at this Best Western. The most important feature to me for any stay is a hot tub. This hot tub was nice and hot. The jets worked and it was clean. So I was happy. I had several special needs -- printing, faxing, and checking out the night before due to a very early departure for the airport. Hotel staff, from maids, groundskeepers, and reception were friendly and helpful. My room was next to a staff area -- so there were some interesting noises during the day... dryers running and a little chatter. This was fine because at night it was very quiet -- just the way I like it. The room decor was attractive and harmonious. I would stay again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Juna M
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Bought a package for 2 nights and 3 days with tickets for Longwood Gardens, Hagley Museum and Winthertur included. At time of booking I requested 2 double beds. The person doing the reservation assured me this would be done. I explained to the reservation person that we were 2 friends traveling and we really needed to have 2 double beds. She expressed understanding of the situation. Arrived at the hotel and was told that what we have is a queen size bed. I do not even quite understand why we have this bed except that the checkin person says 2 double beds was not part of the package. Why did they not say that when we booked? I was very disappointed. We were given a rollaway but it was not the same. It just used up more space that was already limited. Room and bathroom was very small but clean and smelled fresh. Staff was very pleasant and helpful. That was a big plus. Staff attitude was excellent and the only reason I would return to this hotel is because of the staff. A bitter taste was left in my mouth with the bed situation.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends