“I Dream about this meal - YUM!!”

Walter's Steakhouse
Ranked #58 of 578 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 4, 2014

I can't say enough about Walter's Steakhouse. My favorite dish is the oscar topped filet. It melts in your mouth and explodes with flavor. I have never eated at this restaurant without the owner coming out to thank me for eating there and to say hello. The meal and service are so good that I crave going here repeatedly. Definitely will be back soon.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

My husband were very impressed with the prime rib that we ordered. It was a perfect medium rare, less fatty than most prime ribs elsewhere because Walter's allows you to choose not only the size of the cut but which side of the roast you prefer (apparently closer to the chuck is fattier and closer to the sirloin is leaner, which I never knew). The twice-baked potatoes were scrumptious as well, and the wine list had unusual depth, as well as a number of very good choices by the glass. We are foodies from Manhattan, and used to the best of everything, so it's not often that a restaurant outside of one of the world food capitals impresses us this much. Walters is in a working-class neighborhood in the city, so it's not very impressive when you first drive up. But the food and wine are fabulous and the service is warm and friendly. Who needs valet parking when you can have an absolutely delightful meal?

Reviewed March 6, 2014

Walter's has the absolute best Prime Rib. They only buy quality product, and it is prepared to perfection. Our table also had filet and NY strip - also cooked to perfection, tender, tasty...I could go on and on. For deserts we had creme brule, cheesecake and bananas foster - all to die for!

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Have been dining with the Constantinous Family since the 60's. Quality and Service top notch. Best Prime Rib I've had. Perfect for large and intimate dining. It's like having the best beef and not leaving home. John and his staff make you feel like family. Always happy to see his Dad , George,mingling with the patrons.

1  Thank Phil J
Reviewed January 10, 2014

I have been going to Walters for a very long time. 13+ years. It is by far the best steak house in the state and I think in the area. And I have had the steak houses in Philly that did not compare. My husband and I shared our first date at Walter's and we even had our Rehersal dinner upstairs in their private seating. We go back at least once a year no matter what and we have NEVER had a bad meal or bad service or anything bad for that matter. It is expensive that is why we only go once a year but if we could go more we would. If you are looking for an awesome date night place please try walter's you will LOVE it.