“DON'T GO TO THIS MOTEL”

Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Wilmington
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“DON'T GO TO THIS MOTEL”
Reviewed June 19, 2014

The place is horrible. It is located next to TWO strip clubs,room smelled of cigarettes and urine.Prostitutes were roaming the parking lot and it looked like there were people actually living in the rooms. Parking seemed unsafe, I kept looking out the window every time we heard something. Not even an hour had past when we left!!

Room Tip: Don't go to this place, the motel is unsafe and horrible.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
12 Thank drko2680

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Watertown, New York
Reviewed June 3, 2014

HORRIBLE!!! Looked like bullet holes in door and window. Molding falling off. Rusty outdated tub. Toilet wasn't attached to floor. Beds and couch had bodily fluid stains. Room smelled of cigarettes and urine. Water to shower had to be turned on by messing with the piping in the wall. Holes in parking lot which bottomed out my car. Very poor location. People terrified me and hovered around the rooms begging for beer and cigarettes. Prostitutes were roaming the parking lot. Loud music from a a disgusting strip club across the street. Need I say more? I want my money back!! This place needs to be shut down!

• Stayed May 2014
13 Thank lryan051377
Georgia
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I stayed here for a night when I went to Wilmington to run a half marathon. The room cost us $55 a night. We took a non-smoking room. There was dampness in the carpet next to the bed. The sheets looked clean. The bathroom was ok. If there were options in the same price range nearby I would recommend them. This place is ok, if you just want a bed to sleep.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Gautami N
Woodbridge, Virginia, United States
Reviewed December 31, 2012

The owner was nice but the hotel was scary so unfortunately, it is getting thumbs down. The hotel is next to a gentleman's lounge so music was playing loud until 4am. There was no dead bolt on the door and there were people coming and going all night and morning long. Hardly slept. Bed was a little scary...and hard. Bathroom was kinda rough. No coffee. We had cable though with HBO.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
10 Thank Tiara M
Upstate
Reviewed November 29, 2012

Located in a TERRIBLE part of town & next to a shady strip club!!! When we got in our room it smelled horrible & we found MAGGOTS in the bathtub & mouse droppings on the bed! Aside from that there was a lot of suspicious activity going on including 3 police cars & 6 police officers searching rooms! Absolutely REFUSED to give us a refund therefore I gladly ate the $60 and stayed at a much nicer hotel!!!! STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!!!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
12 Thank Kiki V
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed October 9, 2012

...then this hotel is for you! I checked in early Saturday evening. The room had a run-down look with an unappetizing smell, but with no other options in the Wilmington area under 100 dollars a night I decided to make the best of it. Then I went to the bathroom. I turned on the light, and, much to my disgust, there was a mouse trying to climb out of the toilet. I immediately went to the check-in desk, told the gentleman there what I had just seen, and asked for another room. He grabbed some sort of net and offered to capture the mouse so I could stay in the room, but I told him he could capture the mouse after he found me another room. He did not understand why I didn't want to stay in the room after what I had just seen! When I insisted on a new room he first said there were none available, but when I pointed out that the parking lot was practically empty he changed his story and said there were only 2 available, but said I wouldn't like them. I asked why. He said, "your room is 'deluxe', these rooms are 'standard'". I said, "So 'deluxe' means it comes with a mouse, and 'standard' means it doesn't?" I do not think he replied. So he shows me the first room, but he really didn't let me into it and either didn't turn on the lights or couldn't. The second room had electricity but was terribly run-down and had what I believe were mouse traps behind the door. At that point I asked if he would refund my credit card, he said he would, so I packed up, got my credit card credited and left. As he was crediting my card I pressed him more on the mice issue and he admitted that this was not an isolated incident and blamed "children who feed the mice", rather than management trying to prevent the mice from getting into the rooms in the first place! (BTW, this property is next to a "Gentlemen's Club", and I believe I saw a young woman in a little black dress being led into a room with a guy she didn't seem to know very well. I wonder if this hotel has hourly rates?) Bottom line....this is a decrepit, seedy excuse for a hotel. This property should be comdemned!

Room Tip: The best way to get a good room is to go to another hotel!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
10 Thank Debbie A
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 8, 2012

If you're a dirty old man, or an escaped convict looking for somewhere to take a prostitute, then this is the ideal spot for you. Oh dear dear me. This is a definite NO NO ( unless you are indeed one of the 2 aforementioned ). I didn't spot the signs as I checked in, but there are literally signs erected around the car-park that say things similar to " NO LOITERING" ... " NO PROSTITUTES "..."NO SEX IN THE CAR PARK"...and that sort of thing. Hardly family friendly. Yes it was cheap. Yes it was filthy. Yes it felt unsafe. I ventured into Wilmington to break up my stay. The area was so rough, I came back to this horrid place, ordered a pizza to be delivered, locked the door & stayed in. I secured a chair was behind the door. Do yourself a massive favour - find somewhere else. This seedy hovel is to be avoided at all costs, and I'm in no way a snob.

Room Tip: The only room that would be of any value, would be far far away......
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family