“I was underwhelmed” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Domaine Hudson

Domaine Hudson
Reserve with OpenTable
Domaine Hudson is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 548 Restaurants in Wilmington
Transit: 2, 11, 12, 35
Wilmington, Delaware
“I was underwhelmed”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

The food was OK but they really need an expediter. The salad came out undressed the lamb chops didn't have the silver skin removed. Everything was underseasoned. The risotto didn't taste like rice more like Farro. We shared the bread pudding. It was too chewy and not custardy enough the gelato was good.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

New Jersey
“Restaurant Week Dud”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

In my opinion, Restaurant Week is an opportunity for restaurants to showcase their skills and entice diners to come back. Domaine Hudson failed on this very premise. The restaurant itself is really nice. I enjoyed the ambiance. I went with my sister, brother-in-law, and my husband. I chose it because it was well reviewed and the menu seemed yummy. The service was disjointed. Bread came out late and the food was served at different times.

This is what we ordered per round: Appetizers: Sweet Potato Soup (2), Caesar Salad (1), and Baked Brie (1). The soup was delish and the right amount. The salad was nothing special and the brie was too salty. Entree: Flat Iron Steak (3) and Salmon (1). Two of us ordered well done steak and one was medium. The medium steak was enjoyed, but the well dones were uneven and the cut very chewy. The size of the steak was also pretty sad. It reminded me of a TV dinner size. I enjoyed the parmesan risotto that accompanied it. It was my first time eating risotto and was the best part of the dish. The salmon was not fawned over to any degree and was also quite small. Dessert: Creme Brulee (4). It was cold and lacked any sweetness. I was appalled because this restaurant was recognized for this dessert in particular. Let's just say none of us were impressed.

They had a huge wine list, and perhaps that is their selling point. Maybe a lot of liquor distracts diners from the lackluster food. The food was just ok, nothing special and far too small in portion. Don't get me wrong. I don't think it should be an obnoxious size, but for $30/plate, gimme a nice piece of steak!

All in all, $120 since we all ordered water. I didn't enjoy and I wouldn't come back.

• Visited September 2012
Wilmington, Delaware
“Empty but delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

Had a great time here, was surprised how empty it was! Had a fantastic Cantillion Gueze and a perfectly cooked med-rare barrel cut ribeye. Would absolutely go again.

Visited September 2012
Norwalk, Connecticut
“Special night out + Domaine Hudson = Never disappointed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

Each time we travel to the Wilmington area we plan a "date night" leisurely wine tasting and meal at Domaine Hudson. Their wine program is excellent. We enjoy putting together tasting flights of various wines throughout the meal. Wine by the glass is available in 1.5, 3 and 5 oz pours as well as, of course, by the bottle. Food is inventive, and fresh while the menu offers a very nice range of selection and price points from which to choose. On our last visit quite literally there was nothing on the menu f we would not have been happy ordering. This is a restaurant to enjoy food, company and conversation. Service is professional but not fast. Meals are paced well, portions are good but not large, atmosphere is comfortable. We'll be back again!

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank NutmegCT
New Castle, New Hampshire
“Nothing here”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

I had the strawberry salad and the rib eye here along with a drink call the Kentucky Mule. I would give the salad a 1 and the Rib eye a 0 because I sent it back because the medium rare "Rib Eye" I ordered came out as something that looked like a strip steak and had been cooked to freaking death. I got a Pork Chop instead that was very uneventful, I will give it a 3.00, the drink was average at best, best advice do not go here.

• Visited July 2012