“Just visited for the first time.”

New Candlelight Theatre
More attraction details
Owner description: Delaware's best kept secret for a night of entertainment is New Candlelight Theatre. Located in historic Ardentown, DE, New Candlelight provides an all-inclusive evening of Dinner and Professional theatre in an intimate atmosphere, all for a reasonable price. Operating as a theater venue for over 75 years, the stage of this quaint barn comes alive every weekend year round and entertains thousands of theater-goers through the course of the year. While musicals are New Candlelight’s specialty, other special events such as a monthly Comedy Night, are also available offering patrons various opportunities to experience Live Theatre. Tickets are $55 for adults and include full course buffet and show. Cash bar is available as well as free parking. Children and group discount tickets are also available.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
3 attraction reviews
“Just visited for the first time.”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

We are transplants here. We went to the dinner theatre, four of us, to see Forever Plaid. The theatre (barn?) is old and smallish. The Play was great!! Being that it is small the tables are shared. Two other couples were seated with us at our table, but it worked out fine. I didn't expect that. The food was good, buffet style, but not memorable. The price was reasonable considering the level of entertainment. While it was older, the building, it has a sort of beloved neighborhood character. The play was great and my daughter and her husband said they loved it! They are in their late twenties. The dessert selection was very good. We attended a dinner theatre in another city this past year that was in a gorgeous hall with tiered seating, no shared tables and fabulous food so I would give Candlelight a 3.5 but I cant! The play at Candlelight was excellent, with talented actors and it was altogether a very upbeat time. You will see it is beloved by the patrons and I respect that.

Visited August 2013

Newark, Delaware
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Theater that feels like family!”
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Eat a little dinner, see a show. The actors serve drinks and special desserts making the experience more personal. This is a cozy, friendly theater with good quality performances. Enjoy!

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Karenogray
Bear, Delaware
“Can't wait for Forever Plaid .... tonight!”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

My husband and I kind of fell upon New Candlelight Theater by accident for a comedy night. Loved that show and decided to try a play (Bye Bye Birdie) which I didn't think my husband would go for. I think he liked it more than I did and I loved it. Have seen almost every play since then including Putnam County Spelling Bee that I was in as an audience member. What a great time! Food is always delish! We're taking my mother in law to see Forever Plaid tonight. We weren't supposed to go until next week but I was so excited we moved it up a week. Can't wait!

Visited June 2013
Wilmington, Delaware
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Comedy & Food is the best medicine”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

My 1st time to the Candlelight Theatre and it was great! I was very surprised how big it was on the inside, not a bad seat in house. The people are nice as well as we shared a table with a couple that were married for 25 years and went there to celebrate. The servers were very good even with the buffet. I believe Danny was our server but it seemed like it was a team effort to keep everyone happy. I would like to go back to see a show when I can.

Visited July 2013
Wilmington, Delaware
57 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“A pale shadow of its former self”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Food is terrible. Shows used to be great old warhorses. I don't know what they think they are doing now.

Visited May 2013