“Good old fashioned burger place”
Review of Charcoal Pit - CLOSED

Charcoal Pit
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed August 20, 2012

If you like the old fashioned burger menus then the Charcoal Pit is for you. The food is excellent and varied, the deserts are just like the old soda fountain deserts. The staff is friendly and the prices are reasonable. If you go then I know you will go back again.

There are newer reviews for Charcoal Pit

Reviewed August 8, 2012

The burgers are good, the restaurant needs a cleaning. The carpets are dirty and it makes me wonder about the kitchen...

Reviewed August 2, 2012

The Charcoal Pit is a classic... for me, it is a drive down memory lane, as my family stopped here along our summer drives to the Delaware beach. Now, we drive out of the way to be able to stop in.
It's a classic burger place - the main focus, for us, is the ice-cream treats! Indulge in an extra thick shake YUMM! My mom always goes for an ice-cream soda. Throughout the years, the waitstaff is consistently friendly and service is great.
'The kitchen sink' is a classic that brings (& keeps!) any family together. Enjoy the step back in time, take your time and be sure to leave room for dessert.

Reviewed July 14, 2012

I saw this place on our way to our hotel. Interesting name, "Charcoal Pit." They must have some barbeque, right? WRONG! This is a diner with a 50s style to it. There is a jukebox with lots of little booths. I have a feeling the "locals" frequent this place. The menu was pretty basic: hamburgers, grilled cheese, french fries, cheese wiz, tuna and chicken salad, along with a kid's menu. Being a vegetarian, I didn't have much to choose from, so I created my own sandwich with the condiments they had available. The unfortunate thing is there were no bread choices aside from white. I guess for the prices, what should you expect. They receive a 5 for pricing since I only paid $11.75 for two people with NO TAX.

Reviewed July 7, 2012

This place is a landmark on Rte. 202. Much history goes with this location, but most of all it is their food. Great cheesesteaks, burgers, and fries -- grilled cheese for the grandkids was also A+++.