“An OK restaurant”
Review of Lone Star Steakhouse - CLOSED

Lone Star Steakhouse
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

We just got back from Lonestar . Here's my review. We started off with the fried green beans, not bad for a frozen product I had the house salad it wasn't very good, all it was was some pieces of romaine and micro diced tomatoes, no carrots, mushrooms, cucumbers or anything else, and the balsamic dressing was not very good. my wife and I had 20 ounce porterhouse steak, that wasn't bad, it was cooked to the right doneness and was very tender, I also had the loaded baked potato it was okay nothing that special, my wife had sauteed spinach and a sweet potato. Overall it was okay, nothing to write home about, but not bad for a 20 ounce porterhouse . Maybe I'll go back for one of their burgers

Reviewed April 25, 2014

I try to stay away from chains but this place was really good.
Our steaks were cooked just the way we asked, balsamic salad dressing was one of the better ones I've had and the broccoli wasn't overcooked. Went back and the second time was just as satisfying as the first! I will return and recommend.

Reviewed December 18, 2013

I intended to go for lunch at the Olive Garden nextdoor, but as their line was miles long with christmas shoppers, I decided to pop in to Lone Star instead. Big mistake.

The only thing this place has going for it is the cute blonde greeter. I didn't catch her name, but she was very pleasant and helpful. The actual waitress never got around to take my order, or do anything really, other than sneak attack me with my mouth full to ask if I needed anything. No, in fact I didn't, because the greeter was taking care of me. The 6oz steak took at least 25 minutes to arrive from time of order, and it was ok, but not special.

At a time when olive garden was PACKED, 20 feet away, Lone Star had maybe 7 parties, 2 waitresses, and a greeter. Something tells me I'm not the only one to find the place a drag. Not worth a lunch trip at all. Maybe they have their act together for dinner, but I'll never know cuz I'm not spending any more money in there.......unless I'm guaranteed that the greeter is assigned to my table the whole time.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Hadn't been to Lone Star in a while, but a friend suggested it as a central place to meet for dinner. I was pleasantly surprised. The steak was perfectly cooked; in fact the whole meal was delicious. It was extremely slow with very few tables taken, yet the service was a slow. No offers of refills on the drinks until our check was brought

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Finally this restaurant is on TripAdvisor. My wife and I have been back this restaurant time after time and have had mostly great experiences. The last time there we each had a fabulous Porterhouse steak dinner. We always ask to be seated upstairs as we found the service to be not as good on the ground level--many times getting the bartender as our server which meant we were not the focus. Also love their chocolate brownie dessert. Their special offers and coupons keep us going back. Good management there.