“Needs work”

Ristorante Attilio's
Ranked #55 of 549 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
New Castle, Delaware, United States
“Needs work”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Took family over Thanksgiving week-end, some out-of-town.It was a Sunday and before 5:00 p.m., so the crowd was not there yet. Spaghetti was sticky (cooked too long), Veal was ok, scampi was great. Served frozen butter with bread, could not spread at all. Had to ask for Olive Oil to dip bread, waitress not very attentive (said she was tired), but overall, ok meal for $75.00. Lots better pasta houses in Wilmington with better service and food.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank mb764

Wilmington, Delaware
“Nice neighborhood restuarant”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The cocktails were great and so were the desserts. I found the homemade pasta to be a bit sticky. I had Alfredo with a side of sausage. The sausage was dry the Alfredo was good. We also had Spezzato which is a veal and pepper stew which was outstanding. We also tried the portabello lasagna which was very good for our vegetarian.

• Visited November 2012
Philadelphia, PA
“Good Italian-American food”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I'm at a loss to understand the previous review. This "been there forever" restaurant is in an old Italian-American neighborhood It's not going to be "authentically" Italian. It's going to be authentically Italian-American.

And it does that cuisine pretty well. I also had a Groupon and thought I got a good meal at a great price. It's definitely a "red sauce" kind of place. The homemade pasta was good -- we particularly liked the lasagna and gnocchi. But they had other sauces, too, like a creamy mushroom. And it wasn't all "old school" -- the crab bisque soup, which was a daily special, was excellent. And I'm not sure where they got the bread and cheesecake, but both were quite good.

My only hesitation in recommending this place is that I'm not sure it's better than other, similar places in the neighborhood -- like Mrs. Robinos. So if I was paying full price, I might eat elsewhere. But if you snag some sort of discount here, you can't go wrong.

Visited October 2012
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Terrible”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

After hearing all the wonderful things about this restaurant, I purchased a GROUPON certificate and went with my wife. First of all, there were french fries on the menu, Italian, I don't think so. I ordered Veal cutlet parmigian, which is not Italian but an Italian American dish. Fine, I've eaten it before, but this was not that great. The sauce tasted like it came right out of a jar. My wife ordered the spinach lasagna, had the same awful sauce and the spinach was right out of a grocers freezer. The side of pasta was flavorless. The side salad consisted of two pieces of tomatoes and iceburg lettuce, where's the romaine? Good thing for the certificate. If I had paid full price, I would have been pretty pissed off. I've been to Italy several times and know what real Italian food tastes like. Nothing on the menu was real Italian. This is Italian American or should I say American Italian at it's worst. The only thing that came close to Italian were the pictures of Italy on the wall. Do yourself a favor, stay away. Drive a half hour north to Philadelphia and have some real good Italian American food.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Carmine0814
Columbus, Ohio
“Old-fashioned Italian”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

The food is generally outstanding. My family and I have had some awesome meals here. However, the last time we went, the food was only average (that's why I just can't give it an "excellent" rating). It's definitely worth a try; I think they must have been having an off evening on our last visit. Sometimes there's a long wait, so try to come a little early (or later) on weekend evenings. Remember to bring cash - they don't accept credit cards.

• Visited August 2012