“Value lacking”

Kid Shelleen's
Ranked #28 of 550 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Join us at Kid's for a fun, fresh menu and terrific atmosphere. Catch the game on one of our many TVs, enjoy our outdoor patio in the warm weather and grab our award-winning burger for half-price every Tuesday! Bring your kids to our Kid's every Monday, when children eat free (age 10 and under) and be entertained by Jungle John and his balloon animals from 5-7PM. Brunch every Saturday and Sunday with our Build-Your-Own Bloody Mary bar will make your weekend.
Wilmington DE
“Value lacking”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We love to go to Kid Shelleen's especially since it was bought by Xavier Teixido who has such a stellar reputation for excellence in details. So this was a complete shock to us last night.
The place was packed, which was fine. Good, actually. Means everything is great, right? Nope. Drinks at the bar, no problem. Seated within our 30 minute time frame? Done. Food--not so much. Lots of food was sitting under the lights for long periods of time, waiting to be picked up. Lots. For a LONG time. Not cool.Our server said they had to call the chef in tonight and it totally looked like they were overwhelmed in the kitchen. It took a long time for our food to come out. The lamb flatbread, while having great spicy flavor, had fried meatballs. NOt what I was looking for. My husband ordered the shredded brisket sandwich, with the spicy pepper relish on the side. I love spicy, so I tasted it. It was hot pepper skins, with the seeds in the cup, in some sort of odd sweet/nasty sauce. I didn't understand it at all. Then came my Greek salad, no olives, with added hanger steak (at $7.95 extra). I had a plate of romaine, cherry tomatoes, 3 slices of cucumber, 3 peppers, feta cheese, and FOUR tiny, 2 bite slices of beef. For an extra $8??? Disgraceful. I did mention it to the waitress, who was lovely, and she offered to add some more beef, but after waiting so long for this, that wasn't an option. They did take half off the added price for the beef, so that was very kind of them, but still. $1 per 2 bite slice?? Seems excessive to me. My salad was nearly $20!

• Visited January 2013

Delaware
“Breakfast and Burgers”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I don't know why, but I when I find myself at Kid Shelleen's, it usually for breakfast or burgers. I think they have one of the best breakfast croisant (sp?) sandwiches and home fries around (between trolly and Newark). They have a very good bloodymary bar. I've seen better but they offer enough to keep me entertained. And they have good burgers. Stop down on Tuesday...they are half priced.

• Visited December 2012
Wilmington, Delaware
“Best atmosphere in Trolley Square”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

My wife and I always have a good experience at this restaurant. The restaurant is divided nicely between eating area, bar area and outside dining (weather permitting). Food is always good too, although we wish they'd bring back the entree called 'Chicken Chsapeake'....that was the best! We recommend this to everyone coming in from out of town. It's also set in teh middle of a residential area, so that's a great feel too.

• Visited December 2012
Sterling Heights, Michigan
“Extremely busy”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Liked - Very large. Private rooms for big parties, away from noise
Food was very good, nice large menu. Good waitstaff.
Disliked-hard to find a parking place, very noisy in main room.

Visited November 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“Fun Bloody Mary Bar”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I've eaten at Kid Shelleen's several times and am usually pleased with the food and service. The burgers are delicious with great toppings such as spicy sprouts and Kennett Square mushrooms. We recently visited on a Sunday afternoon to watch one of the four NFL games playing in the bar. I discovered the fun Bloody Mary Bar where you can make your own concoction! The bartender will provide a glass with vodka and you can mix your drink to your satisfaction. They offer a great selection of spices and hot sauces, but I thought the garnishes were limited. Nonetheless, it was delicious and a fun idea.

• Visited November 2012