“Like Eating in Family Home”

Mrs. Robino's Restaurant
Ranked #42 of 556 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Family owned and operated since 1940, Mrs. Robino's is known for delicious homemade pasta and mouth watering red sauce! Delectable food, large portions, tremendous value, laid back, casual atmosphere and full bar are some of the reasons why customer's enjoy visiting Mrs. Robino's.
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Went to Mrs, Robino's for my birthday dinner. Had a little trouble finding a parking spot. It was like going to a house for dinner, A little cramped for seating in rather small dining rooms. Food was pretty good with portions a good size. I just didn't think it was as good as expected from what I had read. Maybe will try again to be sure it just wasn't an off night.

There are newer reviews for Mrs. Robino's Restaurant

Reviewed September 1, 2013

We hadn't been to Mrs. Robino's in a while and discovered that we wandered into crab night, with a special menu on Thursdays while crabs are in season. But we went with wonderful homemade noodles in minds - what to do?

I started with the crab bisque. What came to the table was a bowl with seven huge lumps of crabs (about as large as my thumb). Our server then poured the bisque over them. It was possibly the best soup I've had. I didn't feel like picking, so I got a half-n-half (ravioli and spaghetti) with their crab sauce. It was how I remembered - a rich tomato sauce with plenty of shredded crab through it. Of course, it came on top of their fabulous pasta: both the ravioli and spaghetti are made in-house.

If you are looking for traditional Italian fare (and plenty of it), stop by and enjoy.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

We were visiting in Wilmington after having lived there years ago and we were happy to go back to Mrs. Robino's where we had eaten many times when we lived in Wilmington. The restaurant has a very comfy feel and the décor is not fancy, but is very appropriate for a landmark restaurant in Little Italy. There are many choices on the menu and as I remembered, the food was very good and the portions are more than generous. The house wines are tasty and inexpensive. The five us all thoroughly enjoyed our meals and had no room for dessert. The prices were very reasonable. We were there on a Monday night in August and we found parking for two cars right in front of the restaurant.

1  Thank sandiegoeater749
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We had our son's wedding rehearsal dinner at Mrs. Robino's on 7/26/13 and everyone had a terrific time. Upon our arrival, the room, tables and the seating was set up beautifully with candles and personalized menus for our guests. Appetizers and cocktails were waiting for us just as Andrea Wakefield had planned and we were even an hour late!! She couldn't do enough for us. After that, our server Tommy, who was a pro, took everyone's order and served the food and set up a desert table, which was plentiful and delicious. Tommy was so relaxed and the service was impeccable!!!

Many thanks, for being a part of our special occasion,
Bruno and Delia Pellegrini

Reviewed July 30, 2013

We had to park a few blocks away and walk through a monsoon, but it was well worth it. The bread was good, the dipping oil was excellent, with very fresh rosemary. Had the Italian long hots with antipasto for an appetizer which was very good. I had one of the dinner specials (angel hair with a red pesto and grilled chicken) which was one of the absolute best meals I have ever experienced. My wife loved her "tour of Italy" as well. The service was prompt and extremely friendly. I'd go there all the time if I didn't live 7 hours away!

1  Thank jeneric717