“red sauce heaven”

Mrs. Robino's Restaurant
Ranked #45 of 557 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Family owned and operated since 1940, Mrs. Robino's is known for delicious homemade pasta and mouth watering red sauce! Delectable food, large portions, tremendous value, laid back, casual atmosphere and full bar are some of the reasons why customer's enjoy visiting Mrs. Robino's.
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This is the place to go when you are hungry and seeking good carbs. It's fun, the food is great, the prices don't make you faint, and you'll go home with lunch for the next day. The pastas are excellent, as are the sauces. Just a good, solid place for a good meal.

1  Thank City_Explorer

Reviewed May 28, 2013

If you are looking for authentic Italian cuisine and excellent service, this is the place. The best Italian food that I have found anywhere (with the exception of my Aunt Esther's cooking, of course!). ;-) Generous portions, reasonable prices. It is a destination for my family when we are in the area.

2  Thank Dave K
Reviewed May 23, 2013

My group of friends and I were on our way home from a weekend at the Preakness Stakes and stumbled upon Mrs. Robino's on tripadvisor (we are from MA). Just a young bunch of guys in our mid-20's and alot of them don't use tripadvisor much, so they were skeptical. But, the reviews were on point. The inside, ehh, could use some updating. Waitress did a good job putting up with us, a group of 11 loud mouthed Italians. The food reminded me of my Grandma's cooking, who is an Italian immigrant who worked as a head chef in the states. Big thumbs up on the food, taste was on point, quality and proportions were awesome. I can honestly compare this to very authentic home style Italian cooking. The price for the quality & quantity is great. I can't recall any complaints that we had, everyone seemed very satisfied. The owners even came out and took a picture of us and uploaded it to their Facebook, everyone loved that. This is definitely a diamond in the rough kind of restaurant.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

We visited Mrs. Robino's restaurant and was amazed at the portions of our meals and the quality taste of the different variety of items we ate. The service was superb by Lonnie. This is a place we will visit many times and although we have to travel nearly 50 miles to get there we'll look forward to the fabulous meals and Italian-family atmosphere. This restaurant brings back memories of my childhood, growing up in an Italian-American family and city, where great food was always a staple. I had the Chicken Parmagiana and I hadn't expected 2 large pieces of chicken that covered the plate plus a heaping portion of homemade spaghetti. My wife had Lonnie's Special -- homemade spaghetti with a blush sauces and crab, shrimp, and scallops. For dessert don't miss the Spumoni ice cream. This too took me back to my roots. You won't be disappointed. Go early as the line starts forming around 6:00 PM.

1  Thank Sarge1996
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I have been going to Mrs. Robino's for over 50 years and the food as always been very consistent.
All their pastas and sauces are homemade. It's like eating my mother's cooking again.
Most restaurants come and go but this little gem has been around for over 70 years.