“Ate at Joe's”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Ending up a short trip to the Wilmington, Delaware area, we stopped at the riverfront area about noontime. Getting hungry, we went to Joe's Crab Shack, and each had a great salad. Mine was the Crab Chipotle Salad, spicey, large and delicious. My wife had the Aruba Coconut Shrimp Salad, fresh and crispy, she loved it!.Great food. Sat outside in their covered porch and enjoyed a wonderful view overlooking the river! Staff was friendly and attentive. Will certianly return.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

There is very little on the menu that is good without butter. There were no alternatives. I just don't see the point of serving healthy seafood without a healthy option of delicious baked, broiled or steamed with seasonings and without butter.

1  Thank Lindique
Reviewed July 12, 2012

I had a gift card for Joe's and was excited to go. Thank goodness we had the gift card, because it would have been expensive without. My boyfriend and I shared the crab dip and it was really good. I had the caribbean feast and it was just ok. BF had the crawfish steam pot. We both agreed that the food was blah. Nothing great, and not cheap. I don't mind paying more for seafood, but i want it to be good. The service was great and the environment was fun, but I care more about the food.

1  Thank Kate185
Reviewed July 6, 2012

You get lots of food and it isn't bad. I would not pick it for just a couple.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

If you like more casual seafood, you'll be happy here. There's a few choices for kids' meals that don't include seafood but few for adults. Their portions are large and there's plenty of room for larger groups.
My son loves coming here because of the server's dancing and my husband likes the crabs. I agree that their crab dip is delicious and my infant gobbles up the lobster bisque (yes, she's high class.)
What I like about this Joe's is the easy parking and access to the river walk along the Christina River. I've only been to two Joe's but I think their idea of having a playground there is ingenious. Ok, I have four kids so most patrons won't think this a bonus but for us, it's a sanity saver.