“Good service, average food”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Joe's Crab Shack

Joe's Crab Shack
Ranked #90 of 549 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Pottstown, Pennsylvania
“Good service, average food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

I had a gift card for Joe's and was excited to go. Thank goodness we had the gift card, because it would have been expensive without. My boyfriend and I shared the crab dip and it was really good. I had the caribbean feast and it was just ok. BF had the crawfish steam pot. We both agreed that the food was blah. Nothing great, and not cheap. I don't mind paying more for seafood, but i want it to be good. The service was great and the environment was fun, but I care more about the food.

1 Thank Kate185

Cape Coral, Florida
“Good Place for Family”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2012

You get lots of food and it isn't bad. I would not pick it for just a couple.

philadelphia area
“Typical Joe's with a river walk”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2012

If you like more casual seafood, you'll be happy here. There's a few choices for kids' meals that don't include seafood but few for adults. Their portions are large and there's plenty of room for larger groups.
My son loves coming here because of the server's dancing and my husband likes the crabs. I agree that their crab dip is delicious and my infant gobbles up the lobster bisque (yes, she's high class.)
What I like about this Joe's is the easy parking and access to the river walk along the Christina River. I've only been to two Joe's but I think their idea of having a playground there is ingenious. Ok, I have four kids so most patrons won't think this a bonus but for us, it's a sanity saver.

Cape May Court House, New Jersey
“Good Stop off I-95”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2012

Nice place with a great staff! We occasionally get to stop here when driving through the area. It never disappoints. This last trip was on a day when the temp went through the roof, and we had our dog with us. The staff went out of their way to seat us in a non-traditional seating area so we could have our dog out with us. Also great if you are traveling, because a walking path along the river is right there. Extra good place to stretch one's legs.

Food? I've had seafood there in the past which was good. This trip, I opted for the steak and it was really good! The veggies were broccoli and carrots, and while I'm a fan of neither, I ate all the broccoli. It was GOOD! Just cooked lightly, without a lot of fuss.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank nonotravels
Boston, Massachusetts
“Got excited of nothing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2012

We heard a lot about Joe's Crab Shack and decided to see for ourselves. The atomasphere is happy and loose. Very laid back. My husband ordered the big daddy meal and I a regular seafood meal. We thought it would be way too much food for the two of us because in the picture it looked like so much. Wow were we wrong!...We both finished our meal and could have gone for more! The protions were ridiculously small. We also heard they watered down their alcohol drinks. I can honestly say....YUP! We had THREE long island iced teas EACH and it was as if we were drinking fruit punch. We still had our freinds drive home incase it decided to hit us later but NOTHING....we should have been stumbling out of that place and we were absolutely fine. Someone should do something about that. Other than that....I liked the bathrooms. Enough said.

• Visited March 2012