“Good food, Great staff, uniforms not so great”

Timothy's Riverfront Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Timothy's Riverfront Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 556 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed June 12, 2014

The food is good, and the staff is great. My husband and I have been there quite a few times and we were there last Sunday.It was pretty hot that day and we felt bad for the servers and bartenders that had to wear those long sleeve shirts and ugly ties. Isn't this a sports bar, casual restaurant? Maybe a uniform more appropriate for the type of restaurant/bar atmosphere and something that your employees might be more comfortable in.

1  Thank Andrea A
There are newer reviews for Timothy's Riverfront Grill

Reviewed June 11, 2014

I stopped here with my husband for a late lunch on a visit to Wilmington. We were very hungry when we arrived! We were greeted and seated quickly and were pleasantly surprised to be given a basket of tortilla chips and queso dip (yum!).

I had the southwest chicken salad - the salad was HUGE and delicious. The veggies were fresh, the chicken was juicy, and the plate was nicely presented. My husband had the New Orleans Blackened Chicken Flatbread and was equally pleased with his meal. The flatbread was also a sizeable portion and we ended up taking some of it with us.

Service was a bit slow for the amount of people in the restaurant but it wasn't noticable enough to complain. The restaurant was clean with attractive decor (the bathrooms were clean too!) and the prices were reasonable. We had a great lunch and would visit again.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

Looking at some of the other reviews was a little scary. Fortunately for us I guess we had no problems. The service was a little slow but not that bad and the food was tasty. I had chili and it was very good and my wife had a rack of ribs which she really enjoyed. My wife can be a tough critic when it comes to meat and she loved the ribs. Said the meat fell right off the bone and was tender and tasty. Looking at the menu one could get a bit of sticker shock. The prices did seem high. It was a positive experience for us.

1  Thank terrsall
Reviewed December 23, 2013

I was here for a work function with a dozen others for dinner on a weeknight. The place was empty. Even being empty, they made half of our party scooch into a long banquette (bench seating) -- rather inconvenient. Only one other table became occupied during our entire meal so we could easily have been seated anywhere else. The service was inattentive, at best -- our waiter took the order and disappeared. Others brought the food out at random intervals of one to two meals at a time while we all sat and waited for everone to eventually be served. Had to be tracked down for the bill. My meal was unremarkable -- rather bland (ordered a steak). The restaurant is on the backside/riverside of the failed retail shops at the Riverfront that are now occupied by various businesses as office space. The interior is dated and run down. I wasn't impressed when I walked in and the experience did nothing to change my mind. There are many nicer places along Wilmington's Riverfront for you to go -- I'd pass on Timothy's.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

10 women got together to celebrate the Holidays and a birthday. The food was fine. The service was awful!!! The server was slow and clueless. Never refilled water. Never asked if anyone wanted another beverage. Brought 7 small plates for 10 people. When asked for 3 more plates, she seemed confused and brought 2. Then it took her 5 minutes more to bring the final plate. After that when we wanted to pay our check she was no where to be seen for 30 minutes. The otherbservers werebstacking chairs, wiping tables etc in preparation to close. Of course, her 18% tip was on the check.