“Great Restaurant in a So-So City”
Review of Cafe Mezzanotte

Cafe Mezzanotte
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Mezzanotte is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #217 of 550 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Tatnall Street
Transit: Dart Bus stops right in front of the restaurant. There is also a taxi stop at the hotel dupont which is only a block away.
Description: Since our opening in June of 2003, Cafe Mezzanotte has built a reputation as Delaware"s premier spot to enjoy classically prepared Pan-Mediterranean cuisine. We offer a intimate atmosphere with servers who attend to each diner with exceptional care. We are located in Center City Wilmington. Whether you are looking for a romantic evening for two, or hosting a large corporate gathering, all of us at Cafe Mezzanotte will cater to your needs.
USA
“Great Restaurant in a So-So City”
Reviewed May 18, 2012

I eat at Cafe Mezzanotte often and am never disappointed. This past week I went for dinner after having a late lunch elsewhere. As I wasn't very hungry I settled on a bowl of a delicious Pasta e Fagiole and a personal size Margherita pizza. Chef Sergio Pellegrino is a master at preparing a pizza crust -- he produces a perfect combination of crispness, chewiness and flavor. My guest had tortelloni stuffed with crab and raved about it. Service was excellent. In my many visits to this restaurant (once a month or so for the past several years) I've never had a morsel that was less than excellent!

• Visited May 2012

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Not bad, Not great”
Reviewed April 27, 2012

We decided to try Cafe Mezzanotte as part of Restaurant Week in Wilmington. Granted, it was a Monday night, but it was dead, especially considering it was Restaurant Week. Service was friendly but slow, even with just one other table occupied. The food was above average. I had lobster ravioli that was flavorful. My husband's steak with mashed potatoes and asparagus was good, tender. The strawberry gelato was good. Overall, the meal wasn't bad. The location is great. The service and atmosphere, not as good.

• Visited April 2012
Mooresville, North Carolina
“PERFECTION”
Reviewed February 8, 2012

I have been out of town on business and looking for a nice place to eat. Several people recommended Cafe Mezzanote and I am very thankful they did. A family memeber I had not seen in 26 years met me there. When we were first seated, we told Randy our waiter that we may be there alittle longer due to the reunion. He was very gracious and told us to take our time. He came by several times to ask if we were ready to give our order but was never over bearing.
We first ordered an appetizer of calamari. It was delicious! Later my cousin ordered a ceasar salad and she was pleased with it. Finally, we ordered our dinner and I ordered the filet and she got a pasta dish. The pasta dish was huge! I can only say one thing out the filet. PERFECTION! It was cooked perfectly to order. It was so tender you could cut with a fork. It was perfectly seasoned!
Our waiter Randy again, was great. We were at the table for 3 hours and he never complained that we were staying too long. Of course my tip took care of our extra time. He even told me that the reunion with my cousin inspired him to get back in touch with some of his family.
Overall this restaurant is PERFECT 5 star in my opinion.

• Visited February 2012
Massachusetts
“Delicious”
Reviewed November 28, 2011

My wife and I had dinner here on Friday night of Thanksgiving weekend. There were only 3 tables being served, so service was excellent. Antipasto appetizer was excellent. Bread served, though warm, was too soft. Tasted like supermarket bread from a plastic bag. Pellegrino was served nicely chilled with lemons and limes. My entree, lobster ravioli, was freshly made and delicious, though a bit heavy. My wife had Chicken Marsala with fettucini which was beautifully cooked with fresh mushrooms and perfectly seasoned. I had a rasberry tart for dessert which was very good. We also enjoyed nice quiet setting at a large table with cloth napkins and gleaming, clean cutlery. We will definitely return to Cafe Mezzanotte when we are in Wilmington.

Visited November 2011
1 Thank Getoutofthecar
Memphis, Tennessee
“Excellent Food!”
Reviewed August 11, 2011

Excellent service, good food and drink!
View is not good, you get to look at a plaza and tall office building on the other side.

• Visited August 2011