“Gone Downhill” 1 of 5 bubbles

Delaware
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Gone Downhill”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2008

I went to the Hunters Den 12-9-08 via the Wilmington Western Railroad. It was a train ride to the restaurant. There were maybe 40-50 people on the train and no one else at the restaurant when we arrived. Our wait staff was nice but the food was horrible. What was supposed to be pan seared snapper was fried shoe leather for me and a memeber at my table. My husbands chicken was dry and the beef dish of another member had some unrecognizable sauce on it. The salads took almost 45minutes to get to our table and bread had to be baked. If this is a regular train trip to the restaurant you would think they would know how many people to expect.
I called the next day to talk to the manage and he took my number and never called back. Another person called and the owner got on the phone and said we don't need you here anyway and hung up on her. What used to be a nice place to dine is now not even on our list.
What started out as a Christmas celebration with friends turned out not nice at all.

1 Thank tacDE

NJ
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“wilmington delaware's best lunch deals”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2007

the best for lunch...crab cake and chesapeake chicken sandwich are probably the best and most reasonable for lunch I've ever had the pleasure of eating...the bar side is more reasonable and the service is great...I've been there many times and never been disappointed...

1 Thank bhern21
Delaware
“Very Disappointing”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2007

The food is decent but the customer service is awful! My co-workers and I visited the restaurant after receiving gift cards for X-mas. After our first trip, we had money left on one of our cards and went back to use the remaining balance, or so we thought! Turns out, on the first visit the inattentive waitress had given us back the empty card and kept the one with our $17.00 credit, so we were forced to pay the remaining balance of our bill.
After we explained what happened and spoke to the manager, we were informed there was nothing they could do because they couldn’t locate the card.
Management refused to consider refunding us the monies owed, even though they acknowledged that empty cards are kept and recycled. We were insulted, treated like liars and thieves over their mistake.
Due to their inability to provide customer service and their incompetence, we will never visit the Hunter's Den again; it's surprising they'd lose all of our business over $12.00.

2 Thank disappointedDelaware