“Great Service and Mai Tai's!”

Hunan Inn Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #79 of 560 Restaurants in Wilmington
Reviewed June 18, 2012

This was my first time here and I was pleasantly suprised. The owner was really nice and helpful. He can make a helluva mai tai! The scallion pancakes were delicious and crispy squid (calamari). Some items were a tad high (for takeout style dishes) But if you sit in and get the whole restaurant experience and drinks you probably won't be disappointed. I definetly plan on going again with friends and making a happy hour out of it!

4  Thank Selb87

Reviewed April 3, 2012

I have been to this restaurant several times. the service is good. The food is VERY GOOD! We have an assortment of tastes in our family. Vegan, not spicy, very spicy, meat eaters, fish eaters....Anyway, we always go out with a smile. Not just an ordinary Asian Cuisine . A bit different and delicious!

2  Thank Mgitsme
Reviewed February 29, 2012

After many years away, I returned to the Hunan Inn for a take out meal. I ordered Hot Spiced Wonton Soup. It was the worst soup ever. It had no taste except for 'hot' and the texture was very gelatinous. As it cooled it became thicker and lumpy--obviously corn starch excess. There were vegetables in the soup but no won tons -- but there were fried dumpling-like items served in a bag on the side. Odd! The Ginger Chicken entree was flavorful but the restaurant provided no rice for my meal! Disappointing return to Hunan!

Hunan A, Owner at Hunan Inn Chinese Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2012

The staff at Hunan apologizes for the problem with the soup you experienced. We endeavor to please our customers, and have made adjustments to correct the situation. We ask that you come in and enjoy faster and more pleasant service, and we'll give you a discount on your meal.

Reviewed February 1, 2012

On January 23rd, my family and I went to Hunan Inn to celebrate Chinese New Year. The waiter/host, named Kevin, was very polite and courteous. He was able to offer suggestions on their most popular dishes.

We ordered the Steamed Fish with Tofu, Salt and Pepper Crispy Shrimp and Chinese Vegetables. The Steamed Fish with Tofu was delicious. The fish was tender and cooked perfectly. The Salt and Pepper Crispy Shrimp was very flavorful and paired very well with the Chinese Vegetables.

The overall experience was exceptional and we intend on dining at Hunan Inn again in the near future.

1  Thank randyc318
Reviewed January 31, 2012

I really enjoy the food and especially the service, they know me by name and they are always friendly! It's located in a small shopping center, and the food is always prepared how I like it. This is a friendly and welcoming environment and recommend friends, family, and new comers to eat at Hunan Inn!

2  Thank Spartan-Panda1347