“Good local pizza steak & hoagie shop”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Romeo's Pizza Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Romeo's Pizza Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Wilmington, Delaware
“Good local pizza steak & hoagie shop”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

This is a local place in the suburbs of Wilmington, so not many people are traveling to this destination from out of town, then writing a review. Most people don't go to Dominos or Pizza Hut around here. Romeo's is our favorite local place. Great pizza, cheese steaks, meatball parm, cheese fries..... The typical things we order. The prices are great and we eat here all the time. There is a bar next door that has tons of HD tv's and cheap drinks, but no food. You can bring your own food in though. We order Romeos and go next door to drink a beer and watch the Phillies/Flyers games all the time. We love this place, thought it was time it got a good review. I recommend ordering a whole pie instead of just a slice or 2, & the meatball parm is awesome.

• Visited May 2013
3 Thank Kevin L

Wilmington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“First and Last Time Customers”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2012

My wife and I wanted to order pizza from a place we have never tried before, so my called in an order for a Pepperoni pizza and some Mozzarella sticks for me to pick up on my way home from work. Understandably, I had to wait about 20 minutes before my order was ready since we had just placed the order about 5 minutes before I arrived. The girl working the counter was very polite and apologized for my wait which I said "No Problem" and took my stuff and went home. At home we realized that we had no pepperoni on our pizza so we called and requested the correct pizza. My wife was willing to drive back and pickup the pizza but asked if they could just deliver the pizza instead. The manager told us that they were sorry for the mistake and that they would deliver the pepperoni pizza along with a free 2 liter of soda. After about an hour, and no delivery my wife called again to check on the status and was told by the manager that the pizza had just left and was on the way and to call if it was not there within 30 minutes. After about 35 Minutes and no pizza we called to cancel the order since it was now after 9 PM. Upon calling, my wife informed them that we were first and last time customers and the manager at this point seemed not care about losing our business. Never Again!

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Blah B
newark, de
“The owner is an idiot”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2011

The food is OK, but the owner (she says her name is Kim and is the owner) is SO rude and SO arrogant that I will NEVER go back. I called in to place and order, Kim kept interrupting me and did not let me speak, then she hung up. I tried 2 more times, same thing. OK, fine. I do not put up with that type of behaviour from ANYONE. That was not the first time she has been rude, but it will certainly be the last.

Do NOT subject yourself to this angry jerk. There are PLENTY of other places to eat in North Wilmington!

• Visited June 2011
Delaware
“It's convenient pizza joint.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2010

It's better than chain pizza but there are better local pizzas,

Wilmington, De
“Pizza is horrible. It is tasteless with a...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2009

Pizza is horrible. It is tasteless with a tough crust. The staff is unfriendly and act like your bothering them to place your order. They are consistant, consistantly bad.