“Love this spot!”

Stoney's British Pub
Ranked #147 of 549 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Love this spot!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014

I get the bridie every time, always delicious! The sheperds pie is also wonderful. Food is always fresh and staff is friendly.

• Visited November 2013

Newark, Delaware
“We've Had Better”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

Stoney's British Pub was a place that we passed by and had wanted to try for a long time, but they were always closed when we were in the area. Both my husband and I wanted food from home. Lest you think both of us are UK expats: I am originally from NYC, (I lived in both England and then Scotland) my husband is from Scotland. What we got at Stoney's was a rather over-priced, small portion of what even the lowliest local chip shop in the UK would have been too embarrassed to serve to us. The service was marginal at best, (the tip was the smallest we've ever left) and the atmosphere was dreary and dark. Normally, I would have asked for a manager in these circumstances, but it just didn't seem worth the effort.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Eva B
East Norriton, Pennsylvania
“Outstanding food, beer and atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

Been to Stoney's a few times in the last few weeks and I'd be there more if I lived closer. Had the Fish and Chips first time I was there and I thought it was the best I've sampled but the real proof was my buddy who was born and raised in the UK gave it two thumbs up. He and Mike the owner were having a lively conversation on english football that was worth the price of admission alone, but the beer selection is outstanding as well. I have also had the sausage roll and the bangers and mash, both of which were also fantastic. The atmosphere along with the food and beer selection make Stoney's a very unique, friendly, fun place. If you want extra good service tell Mike you are a Leeds fan!

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Harry M
Akron, Ohio
“Excellent Authentic Pub! Miss It Very Much!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

We lived near Stoney's, and ate there frequently between 2003 and 2009. The food was always terrific, and I can't say enough about the friendliness of Mike and the staff. We have no British pub in Ohio, and I miss Stoney's so much!! I wish I could open one up here and call it Stoney's 2. I don't know about other people, but I can sincerely say that I NEVER had a bad meal here, and I stuck to the things I liked best....the fish and chips..BEST CHIPS EVER! The shepherd's pie, pasties, and the wings! I still make the chicken skewers at home with that mustard! I actually saw someone walk out once because they didn't have Coors Lite one nite. Seriously....did you read the sign? Miss you Mike! Had a lot of great times there!

• Visited January 2013
Wilmington, Delaware
“Authentic British Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

Their traditional selections are very real. Especially the Sausage roll - so often I have had other sausage roll in this country which is American style sausage wrapped in pastry - at Stoney's the sausage in the sausage roll is the real deal and tastes just like home. Additionally they have HP Sauce Branston Pickle and other British condiments which helps show that they know what they are doing.

Visited January 2013