“Outstanding food, beer and atmosphere”

Stoney's British Pub
Ranked #105 of 578 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Been to Stoney's a few times in the last few weeks and I'd be there more if I lived closer. Had the Fish and Chips first time I was there and I thought it was the best I've sampled but the real proof was my buddy who was born and raised in the UK gave it two thumbs up. He and Mike the owner were having a lively conversation on english football that was worth the price of admission alone, but the beer selection is outstanding as well. I have also had the sausage roll and the bangers and mash, both of which were also fantastic. The atmosphere along with the food and beer selection make Stoney's a very unique, friendly, fun place. If you want extra good service tell Mike you are a Leeds fan!

2  Thank Harry M

Reviewed January 25, 2013

We lived near Stoney's, and ate there frequently between 2003 and 2009. The food was always terrific, and I can't say enough about the friendliness of Mike and the staff. We have no British pub in Ohio, and I miss Stoney's so much!! I wish I could open one up here and call it Stoney's 2. I don't know about other people, but I can sincerely say that I NEVER had a bad meal here, and I stuck to the things I liked best....the fish and chips..BEST CHIPS EVER! The shepherd's pie, pasties, and the wings! I still make the chicken skewers at home with that mustard! I actually saw someone walk out once because they didn't have Coors Lite one nite. Seriously....did you read the sign? Miss you Mike! Had a lot of great times there!

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Their traditional selections are very real. Especially the Sausage roll - so often I have had other sausage roll in this country which is American style sausage wrapped in pastry - at Stoney's the sausage in the sausage roll is the real deal and tastes just like home. Additionally they have HP Sauce Branston Pickle and other British condiments which helps show that they know what they are doing.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Stoney's is a nice, friendly pub that one can go to have a good meal. The Fish and Chips is the best in the area - crispy outside, flaky inside. The chips are delicious as well. I found a nice selection of beers, a few on draft. The bread pudding was just right and fresh.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

What a disappointment! What I thought would be a quick and flavorful easy meal was truly a disappointment. Here are the facts! I ordered a small order of fish and chips and an order for sausage rolls. 2 small pieces of batter fried fish and a small handful of chips (fries). The small order of sausage rolls got me one sausage roll… PERIOD! No side dish.. no chips… no nothing!!! The price was stupid!! It was over priced and the food was bad!! I heard good things about the fish. They were wrong. It was fishy tasting and the coating was bland and bready! The sausage roll was dry and tasted like hamburger!! That wasn’t the worst part! THE COST!! $34 bucks!!! Save your time and money and find a neighborhood Irish pub.

1  Thank Cheap_but_Good