“Business Dinner”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Middletown, Delaware
“Business Dinner”
Reviewed May 25, 2012

My Boss booked the dinner and said the food was spectacular. The dining room is very relaxed with a small bar to wait at for your guests. Our waiter was very attentive and offered the specials which soounded so good I didnt bother with the menu.
I had the mushroom soup which was simply the best I have ever experienced. The steak that followed didnt let me down and the sauce and seasoning were exquisit. With new potatoes and white asparagus.....
Had a creme Brulee to finish up a superb relaxed business dinner. i will definitely be back for more!

2 Thank andyp412

Wilmington, DE
“Very good but some small portions”
Reviewed May 20, 2012

We had dinner there on a Saturday night. We had made reservations in advance which was good since it was busy. Our server was friendly. She had the salad special ($10) and I had the Caesar ($9) for starters. Both were good but a little overpriced - this isn't New York. For the entrees, I had the Steak Frites ($26) which was good although I probably should have had it cooked a little more. She had the scallops ($25) which were good but there was only 4 - and she was still hungry. We ended the meal with the Tiramisu ($8) which was excellent. The kitchen was a little slow but overall it was a good meal.

2 Thank Woodstock1968
Wilmington, Delaware
“Our favorite restaurant in Wilmington De”
Reviewed May 18, 2012

Eclipse is our special occasion place - birthdays, anniversarys. I took my mother there last year, she really liked the papperadella. My favorite dish is the short rib tacos. Love, love it! The staff are attentive and knowledgable.

1 Thank Rusnak51
Wilmington, Delaware
“One of my absolute favorites”
Reviewed May 14, 2012

The best meals I have had recently have been at Eclipse. I don't eat meat or poultry and get tired of salmon everywhere else. Eclipse features escolar (butterfish), wahoo and some other uncommon varieties. They cook the fish perfectly which is not always easy to do with thicker cuts and pair it with perfectly cooked sides.
At lunch I generally eat their Nicoise salad which is as good as any I have eaten in France.
If you like calamari, they serve it with a tasty sauce in a large pasta bowl.
Service is always excellent.

2 Thank eclairewl
Wilmington, DE
“Consistently Excellent!”
Reviewed April 20, 2012

We used to eat at Eclipse all the time...and for some reason we have not been there in awhile. I suggested Eclipse as a meeting spot for a professional group I work with. So glad I did! The food, presentation, service, atmosphere...could not be better. I convinced the group to order the unique calamari appetizer, although many had never eaten it and were hesitant to try it. They all ate it and loved it. Soup, salad, entrees....everything was great! The only disappointment was that we were too full to order dessert!
All of us will be back!