“Very good but some small portions”
Review of Eclipse Bistro

Eclipse Bistro
Ranked #5 of 557 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed May 20, 2012

We had dinner there on a Saturday night. We had made reservations in advance which was good since it was busy. Our server was friendly. She had the salad special ($10) and I had the Caesar ($9) for starters. Both were good but a little overpriced - this isn't New York. For the entrees, I had the Steak Frites ($26) which was good although I probably should have had it cooked a little more. She had the scallops ($25) which were good but there was only 4 - and she was still hungry. We ended the meal with the Tiramisu ($8) which was excellent. The kitchen was a little slow but overall it was a good meal.

2  Thank Woodstock1968

Reviewed May 18, 2012

Eclipse is our special occasion place - birthdays, anniversarys. I took my mother there last year, she really liked the papperadella. My favorite dish is the short rib tacos. Love, love it! The staff are attentive and knowledgable.

1  Thank Rusnak51
Reviewed May 14, 2012

The best meals I have had recently have been at Eclipse. I don't eat meat or poultry and get tired of salmon everywhere else. Eclipse features escolar (butterfish), wahoo and some other uncommon varieties. They cook the fish perfectly which is not always easy to do with thicker cuts and pair it with perfectly cooked sides.
At lunch I generally eat their Nicoise salad which is as good as any I have eaten in France.
If you like calamari, they serve it with a tasty sauce in a large pasta bowl.
Service is always excellent.

2  Thank eclairewl
Reviewed April 20, 2012

We used to eat at Eclipse all the time...and for some reason we have not been there in awhile. I suggested Eclipse as a meeting spot for a professional group I work with. So glad I did! The food, presentation, service, atmosphere...could not be better. I convinced the group to order the unique calamari appetizer, although many had never eaten it and were hesitant to try it. They all ate it and loved it. Soup, salad, entrees....everything was great! The only disappointment was that we were too full to order dessert!
All of us will be back!

3  Thank DelDeb
Reviewed April 17, 2012

The Wilmington area has many good restaurant choices (if you include Kennett and West Chester), but in Wilmington, we come back often to Eclipse. Set in an unpretentious block on the edge of Little Italy, inside Eclipse is an elegant restaurant with a casual feel sets the right tone for a nice evening out. The waiters are pros --- well-informed about wine and the menu. I like to meet business clients at Eclipse for lunch.

3  Thank Maugie_L