“Great pad thai”

Bangkok House Restaurant
Ranked #113 of 589 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed September 9, 2017

Went with a friend who was visiting from out of town. I ordered the chicken and shrimp pad thai. They have a spicy scale of 1 to 3 stars 3 being the hottest. The food was great. Ordered the spring rolls and the shrimp dumplings which were both good. Left full and satisfied. I will be returning again.

Reviewed August 22, 2017

I truly enjoy eating here. It's very family oriented. The spices seem to serenade your tastebuds. I highly recommend the Pad Thai and Fried Rice dishes. Yum.

Reviewed August 1, 2017

Had a follow up with my doctor this AM and since he's from Thailand I asked for a recommendation and he said no place but Bangkok House. We went for lunch and the food is very good but portions are small, $13 for my beef dish and $14 for her shrimp, with 1 scoop of rice for @ of us. Extra rice is and additional 50c which was a first for me.I'll go back because it was good but not if I'm really hungry.

1  Thank Mario D
Reviewed March 18, 2017

When prepared well Thai food is unparalleled cuisine. We used to swear by Oodie's on 202 but they changed in a bad way and the joke on the waterfront has always been sad.

If you insist on impeccable service you might find this restaurant lacking but if you want delicious food Bangkok house is worth your time. As others say the som tham is great, so is the beef salad appetizer, the soups, everything we've had there is tasty.. We did stop going here for a while but with the new owner and operation we look forward to return and explore their menu some more. Yummy!

Reviewed November 18, 2016 via mobile

I really used to love the food here! This was my go to place for the most authentic Thai food in Delaware. I'd like to give it 5 stars but I cannot. We came on a quiet Friday night and it took a while to be seated. The servers appeared to be very distracted and we noticed that others were experiencing the same thing. They were very friendly so that wasn't an issue. It took a long time to place our order.

The spring rolls were terrible. The vegetables inside were not cooked and the texture was stringy and tough with no flavor. The pad ped telay was delicious and on the spicy side. They used a lot of squid which I'm not a big fan of. In the past there would be more shrimp and muscles and scallops. The fried rice was on the greasy side as was the pad thai.

I hope they can get themselves organized as this was a real gem for those who love authentic Thai cuisine.