“Fantsastic hidden favorite!”

Bangkok House Restaurant
Ranked #115 of 590 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed August 11, 2016

We found this place quite by accident, everyone says.... BUT it's true! My story starts with an extreme dislike for my birthday, combined with a recent muscle tear, and a hunger for Thai comfort food. My husband did some quick research and suggested Bangkok House. The adventurous side of me jumped. The neighborhood was a bit sketchy, but the food was FANTASTIC! Family run business and they couldn't be any nicer!

My favorites include Pad Thai: chicken is the best, but shrimp is good, too! Yellow, green or red curry are ALL fabulous. I suggest the chicken, again, only because it's so good! Watch your spice dial folks! This place only has a 1-2-3 spice range. So, when I say it's hot- it's H-O-T to the point that you cannot truly enjoy it. Savor the taste and if you like it hot, try a #2 spicy. I'm not as brave and always go with a #1 spicy level. My little guy loves his chicken fried rice with no spice.

Our experience with the menu is limited and I'm almost ashamed to say that we typically order the same things. But they are consistently good and I don't mess with perfection! We are regulars and typically stop in 3-4 times/month. Eat-in or take-out. Either way, you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed June 30, 2016

A popular, family run Thai restaurant with a good menu of classic dishes deliciously prepared and served by a very polite family member.

Reviewed December 31, 2015

I don't know how recently the ownership changed, but it's a good thing that the former chief waitress for years bought the business!! She has continued all the great authentic Thai cooking, but she and her daughter add a touch of warmth lacking before. It's one of favorite places in Wilmington, and since it's open late, after a movie, we often go there. Fresh ingredients, Thai cusine, your choice of spiciness, and very reasonable prices. A don't miss!

Reviewed December 30, 2015

We've been going to the Bangkok House since moving down to DE about 25 years ago. Since then many more good options have opened up, but Thai is a favorite cuisine of ours, and we like going back when we have a show or something in Wilmington.

This last time just reinforced our previous experiences. Genuine, prepared to order (don't expect to get in and out quickly - it's worth the time), and reasonably priced. I enjoyed the leftover crispy duck almost as much as the initial serving in the restaurant.

Reviewed October 27, 2015

Best Thai food in Wilmington. If you like it hot, Thai hot, ask for 4 or 5 stars. All the usual fare is available and Pad Thai, etc., as well as some not so usual dishes. The Som Tum is fantastic and of course made with papaya, not cucumber, as many a Thai place sells.