“LOVE having a fabulous "neighborhood" restaurant in Wilmington!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Bistro Jacques - CLOSED

Bistro Jacques
Cuisines: French, Belgian, European, Mediterranean
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Valet Parking, Waitstaff
Description: A taste of Europe...No passport required
Wilmington, Delaware
“LOVE having a fabulous "neighborhood" restaurant in Wilmington!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

Enjoyed our second visit to Mona Lisa and will definitely be making it a regular part of our dining rotation, especially on those nights when we get home and no one wants to cook or just feel like going out to eat. Not only were all of our dishes delicious (and fairly realistic to what you would get in a bistro in Paris or Brussels, but they offer a very good selection of wines that are unique (not run-of-the-mill), perfectly selected for the menu and VERY well priced! Lastly, Jacques, the owner, is a veritable tornado of energy. He is everywhere at once, but always makes sure that you are enjoying yourself and everything is delicious. The only problem on the night? Too many delicious items to choose from, so I guess we'll have to go back!

• Visited November 2013

Wilmington, Delaware, United States
“Great mussels”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

We visited during restaurant week. Had a wonderful meal including the best mussels I have had outside of Belgium. Served with hot crunchy fries in a twist of paper and 3 flavored mayo dips they were great. Will be back!

• Visited October 2013
Wilmington, Delaware
“A Little Bit of Europe in Wilmington”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

Another couple took my wife and I to the new Mona Lisa Saturday night. The experience, the food and the wine were outstanding.

I have been in an escargot mood for several months. ML satisfied my yearning. They were classically prepared and the butter and garlic was mopped up with crusty rolls.

The table shared an order of deviled eggs. Yummy!

For my main, I had the grilled polenta and truffled mushrooms. My wife had the rib eye. Both were expertly prepared and the steak rare as ordered. My wife has a gluten allergy and Jacques paid great attention to her needs.

The wines are reasonably priced. Jacques and I worked together to perfectly pair my wine by the glass with each course. (And it was a lot less than my evening several years ago pairing wines at Le Bec Fin!)

We loved the European feeling and look forward to many more evenings dining with Jacques.

Jacques does bustle, but he was working the dining by himself that night. And, it just reminded me of being in Europe.

• Visited September 2013
“Mediocre”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

We had dinner sat night. Our server, the owner,was in a rush everytime he came to our table. It was not a pleasant event. The last straw was when he literally slammed our check on the table as he flew by. Not sure if we will go again or not.

• Visited August 2013
MonaLisaEuroBistro, Owner at Bistro Jacques, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
I am sorry to hear this and as a new business owner I value your feedback. Please let me apologize if you were not satisfied with my service that evening. It is my priority that every guest has a good experience and receives the attention they expect. I hope that you will be understanding that on that evening I was distracted and upset by the fact that one of our customers fell outside of the restaurant and had to be taken to the hospital by ambulance. As a result I may have been rushing to see that he was taken care of as well as the customers in the dining room. I sincerely hope that you will give us another try and we will do our best to see that you have a pleasant dining experience.
Wilmington, Delaware
“Wonderful New Wilmington Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

Many friends have recommended Mona Lisa Euro Bistro, and we decided to give it a try. The food was delicious, and the service was excellent. This is our new favorite restaurant in Wilmington.

• Visited August 2013