“Hands Down the Best Italian Food in Wilmington”

Cafe Napoli Restaurant & Pizzeria
Ranked #17 of 550 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Wilmington, Delaware
“Hands Down the Best Italian Food in Wilmington”
Reviewed November 11, 2010

It's in a run-down strip mall next to Pathmark, the print on their plast sign is peeling off, you go through a pizzaria takeout and booths on the way to the dining rooms which range from antiseptic to garish. All of that is carefully done to keep out the tourists.

Oh, but the food. The pasta is cooked perfect. The sauces are great. The service is also terrific. Stick with the wine over mixed drinks. Eggplant parm is my favorite but you can't go wrong with anything and they'll be happy to take a special order.

The portions are beyond generous to the point of being ridiculous. I'm not a light eater and I've had lunch there and brought the leftovers home to feed a family of three for dinner (only adding side dishes). If you're not saving leftovers, share entres as there is no plate splitting fee.

I don't know how this places stays in business but I'm glad it does. Terrific food in gigantic portions.

1 Thank SoyNog

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Best Italian in Delaware”
Reviewed October 10, 2010

I'm a HUGE fan of Cafe Napoli - it's a "blink-and-you'll-miss-it" little restaurant in a strip mall. However, it's run by some actual Italians, and it's easy to recognize quality food. When I lived in Delaware, I used to visit this restaurant a few times a month, and would always take visitors and guests to eat there. Nobody has ever left disappointed! The prices are definitely reasonable, and it's apparent that the owners/chefs love their job. I can't wait for the next time I'm in Delaware...I'm certainly visiting this place again.

3 Thank asazk107
new jersey
“Real Italians Cooking Authentic Italian Quality Food”
Reviewed September 15, 2010

Having married into an Italian family one revelation that is irrefutable is "Food is numero Uno".The marriage can end in financial ruin,household chaos,and legal wrangling,but what will be talked about isn't the infidelities of the divorce but how good or bad the food was at the wedding.My only gripe over Italian weddings are six days later I am hungry again
When you walk in this plain shopping center joint don't be fooled.The guys you see behind the counter are Italian.These men know how to cook.They cook right in front of you and use the best ingredients..As I age I look forward to a good meal.As I leave new Jersey headed for Washington,DC,my thoughts are of the crisp salad ,the balsamic vinegar,the hot dipping bread,the Parmesan veal or chicken.The owner is right there on the spot.While one could argue the shopping mall looks like Naples as much as the Artur Kill in Staten Island does ,this place is about good food priced right.Take it from a fat man who if he stands too long in an isle of a restaurant is cited by the local fire official as a fire hazard.Eat here the big man guarantees this place.

3 Thank keyasset
Hockessin, Delaware
“Cafe Napoli - Great Family Italian”
Reviewed July 7, 2009

My family and I are regulars at Cafe Napoli. Don't let the strip mall location fool you, they serve great italian food and very large portions. Most dishes are under $15 - we really enjoy the chicken marsala, chicken parm (loaded with mozzarella cheese) and the calzones. Several appetizers are worth a try too - especially the fried calamari, proscuitto-mozzarella-roasted red peppers, and antipasto. Home made bread to boot!

2 Thank Roger J
Wilmington, Delaware
“I could eat here Everyday!”
Reviewed July 6, 2009

I live near Cafe Napoli and either eat here or get an order to go, four or five times a month. This place is the real deal for Italian dishes prepared to order. You can watch the cooking staff hustle in this very busy place. The service is quick efficient and pleasant. You will ALWAYS leave with a container of food that you can't finish. Notice I didn't say doggie bag. No dog is getting these leftovers. One item that I get regularly for lunch or dinner is an appetizer: Proscuitto, Roasted Peppers and Mozzarella served with beefy Italian bread ($7.95). I get two meals out of it and it's outrageously inexpensive. I get it because I love it though, not the price. A word to the wise......No matter how big an eater you are, consider splitting main entrees. Even though they are very reasonable, it's often tough to finish everthing. Their sauces are really nice! If I had to pick just one restaurant to eat at everyday, Cafe Napoli would be it. Kids will are welcome. Very casual atmosphere. I know that wine is available but not sure about other libations.

3 Thank RoadTripper516