“Another good meal”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed September 21, 2013

We went here to celebrate a birthday. Once inside we were seated in the back room. We were given menus and our drink order taken. We decided on the lasagna and the grilled swordfish. We also got an order of mozzarella cheese sticks. Overall the food was good. The cheese sticks were tasty. The lasagna was great as always. The portion size of the lasagns is HUGE!! My husband said his swordfish was good, but not great. He did not like that the fresh tomatoes, garlic & basil that was served on top was COLD. He said he would have liked it better if it had been warmed before adding it to his fish. His fish was served with a side of pasta topped with same fresh tomato, garlic & basil. He said it was OK, but I thought it was delish. It was cold, but I just heated it at home in the microwave for lunch the next day & it was delicious!! My husband said he wished he had gotten the chicken marsala again this time instead of the swordfish since he liked it better. I enjoyed the lasagna, but would like to try the chicken parm next time

On the way out we ordered a slice of chocolate cake to go. The cake was good, but the slice was a little on the small side. You will not want to attempt to share the dessert since it is so small. Plan on getting your own slice!

Overall, we had another good meal here. The food is good and the prices are decent. . The service was rather quick. The wait staff was OK. She was not super friendly, but not terrible either. They do offer pieces of pizza dough for the toddlers to play with (as we saw reviewed previously), BUT we had to ASK for it. It was summer when we visited & they had the air conditioning turned up on high. It was rather cold in there. I wished I had brought a sweater. Atmosphere is casual and family friendly.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Took my grandson their last month. He is three. The server said, "can I bring him some dough to play with"? What a lifesaver! Waiting with a three year old is tough, especially when they have nothing to do. On top of that food was excellent.

1  Thank babydaze92
Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

My husband, daughters 10 & 14, and I always try to eat local when we travel. We were a little unsure about the restaurant when we pulled up, as we were not expecting it to be in a shopping center.....we were thrilled that we found it! GREAT flavor, huge portions, great price! We order buffet style, so we tried a pizza, lasagna, and chicken Genevieve...all were fantastic! Great experience!

1  Thank Bathfurnituredsgnr
Reviewed June 27, 2013

My husband and I went here for dinner the other night. We were there for a social event being thrown by an organization we are members of. We had never been here before & were looking forward to trying it.

When we arrived we were directed to the back to the event space. The restaurant had our event in a small on site banquet room. Inside they had placed menus specific to our event at our table. The menu allowed us to choose between 10 different entrees. Baskets of bread & butter were placed on our tables. Following bread, we had a selection of various salads delivered to the tables as well. After bread & salad, our dinner order was taken. At the end of dinner a sampling of desserts was delivered to the tables.

The food was VERY good. The salad was good & flavorful. Bread was OK. Our entrees were delicious!! I had chosen the lasagna for my entrée & my husband had the chicken marsala (with out mushrooms). Both of us enjoyed our entrees. Not only were they delicious, but the portion sizes were HUGE. There was enough food on each platter to feed at least 2 people! I ended up bringing half of my lasagna home & reheating it the next day for lunch. Plus I saw the chicken parmigiana being served to others in our group. It looked amazing & also was HUGE! We also enjoyed the dessert selections. We tried the chocolate cake, reeses pie, vanilla bean cheesecake & crème brulee cheesecake. I enjoyed them all! My husband said his favorite was the crème brulee cheesecake. He thought the reeses pie was good, but too sweet for his taste. It was sweet & almost reminded me of a soft chocolate-peanut butter fudge. My favorite was probably the vanilla bean cheesecake with the chocolate cake not far behind.

Overall we had a good dining experience with Café Napoli. Service was good. It was a little slow, but we had a LARGE group of people to accommodate. I think they did a good job at getting all the entrees out at the same time! And they were served up hot. Plus they were good about making sure we had enough salad, bread & kept on top of drink refills until the entrees were out to us. The banquet space was nice & separated from the main dining room. It is a nice semi-private space to hold an event. However, it was a little small for the size group we had. We had around 35 people. Either the space is too small for that size group OR tables may need to be arranged better to allow more comfortable seating. Most importantly...we enjoyed ALL the food.

I would definitely recommend Café Napoli. Don't let the strip mall atmosphere fool you! I had never been before our club held our event here, but NOW it is probably one of our favorites. We will definitely be back the next time we want authentic Italian without having to cook at home.

Note: Main dining space is casual. They have a super casual booth section in the front where it looks like a classic pizza parlor with the glass pizza case. In the back they have a small casual dining room that is a little nicer.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

We ate here a lot when we lived closer. We now live about 22 miles away. But this place is worth the drive. The food is delicious ! The portions are huge. The service is great. The prices are very reasonable, especially for the amount of food you receive. The restaurant is hidden in a shopping center, but it is so awesome. So worth the trip.

1  Thank Gail T