“Not great service”
Review of Valle Cucina

Valle Cucina
Reserve with OpenTable
Valle Cucina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #168 of 553 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Stoney Batter Rd and Linden Hill
Description: Welcome to Valle Cucina, Delaware's best kept secret for thirty years! Our name suggests Italian, and it is the best around, but we are also known for our seven time "Best of Delaware" award winning 100% jumbo lump crab cakes, seafood dishes and the area's most amazing dry aged steaks. Valle also showcases a 200+ bottle wine list. Come as your are or formal, everyone feels at home. We take pride in our friendly service. Located in the Pike Creek Shopping Center, off Limestone Rd. Valle, opened in 1981 as a pizzeria and has become a must try. We are inviting you to experience what many have called their best dining experience.
Wilmington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not great service”
Reviewed April 11, 2012

Our server was not friendly at all. It seemed like she didn't like her job at Valle Pizza at all.

• Visited January 2012

George Town, Grand Cayman
“Not really a Pizza resturant, but a fine Italian Resturant.”
Reviewed December 27, 2011

Five different dishes were ordered, ranging from pasta to stuffed shrimp. Each dish wasR very generous, with ample portions for two normal meals. Resturant was busy for a holiday night, and sevice was slower than normal, but friendly and attentive.

• Visited December 2011
Girdwood, Alaska
“Crab cakes are the best I've ever had!!”
Reviewed November 24, 2011

My sister has lived in Baltimore for years and I've had crab cakes from the so-called best places in Maryland. While those places are good, Valle's crab cakes are out of this world!! LOVE them!!

keyser777
“A bit pricey but above average food..........”
Reviewed November 11, 2011

I went here with a Groupon coupon so I probably ordered more expensive items then I would of otherwise ordered without a coupon. Their crabcakes are very well rated so we ordered the 3 mini crab cake appetizer. The crab cakes are crab meat and little, if any filler. If they use filler, I didn't see any or taste it. The crab cakes were good but I didn't love the sauce they came in. I ordered from the menu and my wife ordered a special. Their prices are very high for a lot of items but they have more reasonably priced items on their menu that typically fall in line of what you would could consider traditional Italian-American food. As others have stated, you will wait a long time for your food to arrive. I think this has more to do with the food being prepared fresh to order then simply a slow kitchen staff. You can tell by the taste that you're not eating microwaved dinners with old ingredients. That being said, it probably wouldn't hurt to hire more help in the kitchen. The food itself was above average and almost worth the price. I'm not adverse to spending a few extra dollars for quality food and Valle Cucina is ALMOST worth the price. The food was good but I'm not quite sure its worth the prices. We also ordered a dessert item which was very good. I would probably go back, even without the coupon, but would more then likely order more traditional items at more conservative prices. By the way, its a casual dinning place located in a large shopping center. Not a fancy place, although you wouldn't know it by their prices.

• Visited November 2011
Hockessin, Delaware
“Slow service and far too expensive”
Reviewed August 17, 2011

We went here because we had purchased a Groupon. We were shocked when we saw the menu prices - most of the entrees were upwards of $25, some were almost $40. We found it rather surprising to see such high prices on laminated menus. The food was good, but not as amazing as we felt it should be to justify the price. The crab cake I ordered was fine, but rather salty. My husband's gnocchi were too soft, not authentic and the rich gorgonzola cream sauce was good, but again salty. Dessert was fine. Our server was very friendly but service was ridiculously slow. We were there on a Monday night, and most of the time there was only one other table, but it still took a long time to receive each course, and even longer to get our bill, while we watched our waitress chatting with the hostess. The food was good, but the prices will keep me from returning.

• Visited August 2011