“Wilmington's Power Brokers Eat Here”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Deep Blue Bar and Grill - CLOSED

Deep Blue Bar and Grill
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: between Orange & Tatnall
Description: Deep Blue, a contemporary American fish house specializes in creative preparations of shockingly fresh fish. Not strictly seafood, the menu also features excellent steaks and vegetarian options as well. The raw bar features exotic oysters from around the world. General Manager John Narvaez sets a sophisticated, welcoming tone for Deep Blue with friendly service and a nationally recognized wine list.
“Wilmington's Power Brokers Eat Here”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

Deep Blue remains my favorite in Wilmington, Delaware, even after twelve years of dining here. It is an easy walk from the Hotel DuPont, serves terrific cocktails and seafood that is creatively and flavorfully prepared. Keep your ears open around the bar and you might hear tales of one of the big corporate mergers gone awry being litigated in Delaware's famous Court of Chancery.

• Visited August 2013

Laurel, Delaware
“Lunch was excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I have traveled extensively, and we both agreed that our lunch a week ago at Deep Blue was one of the best meals we have had anywhere ever. For appetizer and entree, I had 2 items that were specials: chilled gazpacho, and then a piece of fresh fish, broiled to perfection, served on a bed of Asian rice (black!), and topped with a few lumps of crab meat. Perfection. I do not remember what my husband ordered, but he was equally pleased with his meal. We were both also very impressed with our waiter: again, one of the best ever, attentive, but not hovering. There is a parking garage around the corner from the restaurant on Orange Street (the restaurant is on 11th Street) which gives a parking ticket that can be validated at Deep Blue for a discount. The restaurant is convenient to the duPont Theatre (formerly the Playhouse), and other venues on Market Street.

Visited August 2013
Cary, North Carolina
“If you live withing two hours of this place go....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

I am going to put this as simply as I can. One of the best meals I have ever had. The Halibut is amazing. The chef that has been here for the past four months would be making 250k in New York. Everything I have eaten is so thoughtfully prepared...In other words run don't walk here. Aboslutely fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Visited July 2013
pa
“Decent place with the city vibe”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

If you are looking for a more upscale place this seemed like a good place to hang out for the business crowd. We had a good time hanging around and having some beverages.

Visited June 2013
“Lobster Night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

Saturdays in the summer is lobster night with a 3 course lobster dinner for $29,90. It changes weekly and our dinner was very good. They didn't have the wine I ordered so they let me trade up for a more expensive will at the same price. I would highly recommend Deep Blue.

• Visited June 2013