“Yuck.”

Mikimotos Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #21 of 549 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Wilmington, DE
“Yuck.”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Everyone loves this place and I don't know why. The place is more La Choy than fresh cooked Asian deliciousness. The flavors really pander to the least discerning palate. Sushi not fresh, proportions all off, indifferent staff.

Woodstown, New Jersey, United States
“Never a bad meal!”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

So I ate (again) at Mikimoto's. The sushi is awesome, the appetizers are awesome (shrimp potstickers are yummy!). The service is awesome. What can I say, this place is AWESOME!!!!!

• Visited August 2012
Virginia Beach
“Trendy and Chic”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Went in with a large group. Friendly service and great sushi. Reasonable dinner prices. Upbeat and trendy atmosphere!

Visited July 2012
Wilmington DE
“Better than any newer one”
Reviewed July 20, 2012

My husband suggested Mikimotos the other night, and having not been in a while, I said sure. What a good idea! It was not crowded on a Saturday night, surprisingly (is everyone at the beach?).
We got to sit in the lounge area on high top stools, looking out at Washington St. We started with drinks. I had a wonderful rum drink, and my husband had a beer. I had the Tom Yum soup, which ranked up there with the best in any Thai restaurant. It came with a spicy, lemongrass broth, with lime, sprouts, and spicy cabbage to add in. Just perfect balance of sweet, sour, and spicy. I had the szechuan shrimp and vegetables, with brown rice. I asked for it to be made with the minimum of oil, and it seemed to be steamed with the spicy sauce. My husband had the special BBQ plate, and since we don't eat pork, they added extra lamb lollipops in place of the pork ribs. Super sweet potato fries accompanied it.
For dessert, we had a sweet drink, one of several they have on the menu. Ours was the black forest, and came with a cunning little accompanying small, iced glass of more drink in a glass of ice for us to pour into the martini glass as we finished what was there.
Newer places have opened in North wilmington, but we still find this one to be the best around!

• Visited July 2012
Newark, Delaware
“Not a bad place, pricey, service lacking”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

The prices are a bit high for the quality of sushi they provided. I liked the ability to switch out white rice for brown, but even though I ordered it that way, I was served white rice sushi. I've had better sushi in the area for a more reasonable price. And if I want a fancier experience, I'll go to sumo sushi in the Newark, DE area.

• Visited June 2012