“Our Favorite Restaurant - Mexican or otherwise”

La Tolteca Express Talleyville
Ranked #190 of 582 Restaurants in Wilmington
Reviewed March 30, 2013

We've been going there for years, and it's at the top of our list of choices when we want to go out. The staff greats us all the time, and the food is reliably good and fast. I will ding them one star as they can be a bit slow to show up when we need refills, but we are rarely in a hurry to leave, so it's not that big of a deal for us. The other restaurants in their chain have equally good food, but the Express location is our favorite. Favorite dishes: the choriqueso dip and the chimichangas.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

Typical Mexican staples found here. My favorite are the carnitas, either as an entree or as a burrito. One of the best I've found anywhere! When my family and I have a craving for Mexican food, we think no further than La Tolteca.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

My wife and I had to get up and leave after we waited for at least 15 minutes -- probably more like 20 or 25 -- for our waiter to take our order. He did everything else he could have done to avoid coming back to our table. It's really a shame because I used to really enjoy going here and have been going for years - service was always good, food was good but not great, and always fast. Now I doubt I will ever go back.