“Great eats in Wilmington!”

Pochi Restaurant-Chilean Cuisine and Wine Bar
Cuisines: Chilean, South American, Wine Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Romantic Ambiance, specialty Cocktails, Weekly Wine Flights and Chilean Cuisine. Seafood, Ceviches, Stews and a wide variety of Elegant Wines. Daily Specials, Wine Down Wednesday and Great Happy Hour.
Reviewed May 11, 2013

We first heard about Pochi about a month ago. Since our first visit it has become our favorite Wilmington eatery. Wonderful menu featuring Chilean recipes prepared by the owners wife...a super selection of wines including, of course, some excellent wines, both red and white, from Chile. And, to top it off, Pochi has a wonderful staff and a cosy atmosphere.

1  Thank Johntraveler34059

Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

A great place for a romantic dinner before a show. Service was very friendly, but a little slow & distracted at times. I've been twice & really loved the menu. Food was fresh & felt as if it were made with enthusiasm. If you love seafood, there are many choices. Parking is on the street/metered. We will definitely go back.

pochirestaurant, Owner at Pochi Restaurant-Chilean Cuisine and Wine Bar, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Hello! Thanks for your wonderful review. I just wanted to see if you know who your server was so o could address the issue. Dont worry, nobody is in trouble. Its just not the first time i hear the slow service thing. You can email me at info@pochiwinebar.com. Thanks.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Went here for lunch and boy was I surprised! Ordered the Palta Reina with chicken salad and my husband ordered the Lomito Italian. We both cleaned our plates...even the fries were good. They make their own dressings and sauces-everything was great! If I had to offer 1 suggestion it would be the seating-lots of seating was wasted because the tables were for 4 but only 2 people were at the table. This made guests have to stand waiting because the dining area wasn't accommodated. But overall can't wait to go back! Pleasant, quick, service and good food!

Reviewed March 28, 2013

It's Simple...just go there!!! Food is fabulous, the people are nice and the atmosphere is cozy. Can't ask for more. My husband and I went to Patagonia for our honeymoon and the food at Pochi took us back. YOU MUST GET the Camarones Al Pil Pil as an app. Ask for extra bread, or a straw, because you are going to want every last bit of the sauce. Weds are 1/2 price bottle of wine night and they have a great selection. Can't say enough about this place and hope they are here to stay.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Got to try Pochi's this past week while in town on business. Had heard about it and wanted to try something new in the downtown area. It can be pretty quiet in downtown Wilmington on a Sunday evening, and i wasn't sure Pochi's would actually be open. But we wandered down, found it and tried it out This part of town looks to be going thru some sort of renewal effort. For a Sunday evening....Pochi's felt quite all alone in an area of closed businesses.

The menu was different with a variety of Chilean options.

The service was very attentive...although given they weren't that busy, i was surprised we had to remind the waiter of a few things we had asked for. Also had a bit of a challenge explaining some dishes to us.

But....the food was very good. We shared a couple different appetizers, ordered the Chilean wine tasters...and each ordered a different entree.

Mine was a chicken casserole with vegetables. it was Fantastic!!! My colleagues who had fish also enjoyed their meals.

This is another restaurant option I'll add to my list for Wilmington. Especially downtown on a Sunday evening.

Enjoy