“We will definitely be going back!”

Pochi Restaurant-Chilean Cuisine and Wine Bar
Cuisines: Chilean, South American, Wine Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Romantic Ambiance, specialty Cocktails, Weekly Wine Flights and Chilean Cuisine. Seafood, Ceviches, Stews and a wide variety of Elegant Wines. Daily Specials, Wine Down Wednesday and Great Happy Hour.
Reviewed January 27, 2013

My husband and I ate here on our first "date night" since our son was born 6 months ago. We could not have picked any better. We fell in love with ceviche on our honeymoon in Coasta Rica and the salmon ceviche entree I ordered was some of the best I've had. My husband ordered a chicken and beef casserole dish which hit the spot for him. We ordered beef empanadas for an appetizer they were tasty and the perfect appetizer size. We were unsure which wine to order with our dinners and our server, who we later learned was an owner, brought 3 suggestions to the table and let us taste them. Great service. Finally, the grand finale was the BEST dessert I've ever had. Deep fried cheese empanadas with dulce de leche and chocolate sauce. Heaven on a plate. What a treat right here in Wilmington!!!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We tried Pochi on a recent night out. It is the only restaurant providing Chilean cuisine in Wilmington, to my knowledge. The restaurant is somewhat narrow, but has been decorated nicely. It was quite crowded when we arrived, so it had a bustling feel to it. The staff very very accommodating for our party of 8 and we enjoyed the complementary toasted garlic bread, which had a heavy garlic flavor and a terrific chutney/sauce - we asked for more!
The appetizers we ordered - empenadas, shrimp, soup, were all excellent. The main courses were variable: fish meals were good, as were the crab cakes. However, the fish soup was small and the fish stew special was just ok. Entrees were in the $15-$30 range.
They do serve Pisco Sours - which we had loved on a recent visit to Peru. The first ones were very good, but the second round seemed to lack something. There is an extensive selection of beers, wines and cocktails. The owner came around to make sure everything was fine. He said the restaurant does a brisk happy hour business. There is a large bar and there is a good atmosphere about the place, so I could see it buzzing with an after-work crowd.
I would definitely go back and try some of the other dishes.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

This little gem in Wilmington Delaware is not to be missed! The food is fresh and delicious. There is a new menu most days with great specials. The cocktails are wonderful and the bar tender is always whipping up something Chilean and new and delicious. If you're in Wilmington make sure you visit Pochi. The atmosphere and people are beautiful. I've been to dinner there a few times while my husband who works in town goes for lunch and an after the work week cocktail most weeks.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

Dined at Pochi last evening (a rainy Friday before a comedian performance at the Grand Opera House). Was warmly greeted upon arrival and seated at a cute table in the small room. Service was very cordial and prompt. They quickly delivered water and toasted bread with salsa. The wine list is extensive and I selected a great Chilean white. I ordered the Chilean Sea Bass. It is pricey but was very good. Only complaint is that it could have been a bit warmer. Otherwise, flavor was very good. I will definitely return to sample a few more dishes. The room gets noisy when filled to capacity, which it was as I was departing. Consider a reservation if you go on a Friday night! Cheers!

Reviewed December 17, 2012

Finally a Chilean wine bar/restaurant opened in the East Coast that is not in NYC! I have been to Pochi for dinner and lunch, and really enjoyed my meal in both occasions. I had the ‘Pastel de Choclo’ (meat and corn dish) and really liked it! And this is coming from someone born and raised in Chile : -) My husband had the fish of the day and really enjoyed it as well. The place is nicely decorated and feels “cozy” when you walk in. The owner, Braulio, is always there and ready to help or answer any questions. Will go back for sure!!

1  Thank RapaNui1010