“A great place on a cold night”
Review of Santa Fe Mexican Grill - CLOSED

Santa Fe Mexican Grill
Cuisines: Mexican, Soups
Dining options: Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Santa Fe Wilmington opened its doors in Spring 2010 and features a modern twist on Mexican cuisine. The chef prepares creative dishes daily that include natural ingredients and authentic spices. Homemade table side guacamole, a flavorful cuisine, and freshly squeezed margaritas have made Santa Fe one of Wilmington's favorite dining spots. The vibrant decor and handmade Mexican artwork create a cultural dining experience for families and friends.
Reviewed January 22, 2013

My husband and I were delighted to find this gem on a cold night when we were both hungry after a day of therapy for a bad back (his). The service was friendly but professional and the menu was amazing. There were so many appealing choices that we were planning our return visit before we had reached the parking lot after dinner. The atmosphere was warm and welcoming, charming and comfortable. We enjoyed the background music that was appropriate and not at all intrusive. We were served a complimentary appetizer since this was our first visit and we also decided the guacamole was a must. It was delicious, served in a lava bowl. My sangria margarita was perfect. My husband said the fajitas were excellent and that's a real compliment because he has had fajitas in many places. I had enchiladas that were delicious served with rice and refried beans. I was able to bring one home because the serving size was me than I could handle after totally enjoying the appetizers. We are excited about this local jewel of a restaurant and will be returning very soon.

2  Thank JeanMarieWoolley

Reviewed January 2, 2013

I love this place. I graduated from UD so I have been a big fan of Fe since college. I got to admit it is a bit upscale from what I am use to, coming from the Newark location, but pricing is very reasonable. The food is more developed compared to your your average Mexican restaurant in Northern Delaware. Tips: crab nachos, crispy pork shank and of course the diamond margarita. (they infuse their own tequila).
Parking lot is a problem sometimes but is worth the wait.

2  Thank alexandra z
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Loved eating at Santa Fe. The atmosphere is warm and the service is outstanding. The menu is a wonderful combo of traditional mexican dishes and Latin fusion. The chef is very creative. The guc made table side - really special and fun. The wait staff is very customer friendly and work as a team and make sure we were well cared for. The bar was lively and fun... and the "fresh" marguaritas were really good. A good beer selection of micro, latin brews, and local brews. The bartenders make it feel like a "Cheers" bar ... "always know your name." We had the good fortune to meet the owner Jaiver who stopped our table. Great guy, a real foodie .... he really cares about you and your exerience. Overall, the best Mexican restaurant we have been to in the WIlmington, West Chester, or Philly.

2  Thank GolfGuy777
Reviewed December 19, 2012

I went to Santa Fe last night for the first time. I have heard a lot about it, so we decided to give it a try. I was impressed. the chef sent to us an appetizer due to it was our first time there, that was highly appreciated. My husband had the chipotle short ribs and I had the seafood enchiladas special. It was incredible. The owner introduced himself and guide us trough the drink menu. Very nice. I have never been to a Mexican restaurant like this in Delaware, we will definitely be back. I heard they got a great brunch. Thumbs up Santa Fe!!!

2  Thank Kimber F
Reviewed November 5, 2012

You'll like this authentic restaurant both for the ambience and delicious food. We've gone several times and tried something different each time, never disappointing. Consider having guacamole made table-side - it's fun to watch and delicious to eat. Two of our favorite drinks are the Cuban Mojito and sangria. The staff, especially Erica, is friendly and attentive. The restaurant is conveniently located just west of I-95 and offers plenty of parking.

2  Thank SeeitAll728