“Horrible restaurant”

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Portland, Maine
“Horrible restaurant”
Reviewed December 5, 2013

The sprouts that came with the pho is not fresh - dry and dirty.
Service is slow and rude.
Lastly, the pho is not good at all! Their broth is horrible. Also their pho is mushy.

Would not come here again.

• Visited May 2013

PA
“Been here twice, not impressed either time.”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

The first time I took my Vietnamese family here, we all ordered a variety of items. From Pho to stir fry noodles to grilled pork chop with rice dish - all were pretty average in quality and very lackluster in flavor.

I tried to go back a second time, thinking maybe I just had a bad memory. However, the second time was as I remembered it the first time.

I ordered the spring rolls, which were fine. They were generous with the shrimp and pork. However, they did not use any of the special Vietnamese herbs that I remember growing up. All the vegetables they had were lettuce and bean sprouts. Spring rolls can have amazing flavor and these did not deliver. The peanut sauce, was good however.

I ordered a heaping bowl of pho, which was very tasty! However, I was thirsty halfway through the bowl. Like REALLY thirsty - and then I continued to be thirsty for 2-3 hours after the fact. My Vietnamese mother always warned me that if you are thirsty for a long time afterwards, that the broth itself was not seasoned correctly and they took shortcuts somewhere. Maybe it's just a family myth! But I know when I make my own pho broth, I am not that thirsty afterwards and have had plenty of other pho bowls without being thirsty afterwards either. I was delighted in the very fresh basil they gave me though.

If you are really craving Vietnamese food and you do not want to make it yourself, then this is a fine substitute. Honestly, it benefits from being one of three restaurants offering Vietnamese cuisine in the Wilmington/Newark area. Being from Houston, I have had some really outstanding Vietnamese cuisine. This place really pales in comparison and would be out of business in Houston. But for here, I guess it will do.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank TakeMeWIthYouPlease
Wilmington, Delaware
“Consistently yummy”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We go here routinely and usually get our noodles, rolls maybe stirfry , but I cannot recall any single thing that would would not order again except their banh mi. Great value, love the spicy Hue style noodles.

• Visited August 2013
“Excellence”
Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

OMG I was talked in to coming here and now I have to go back the food is WONDERFUL well at least the soup(can feed 2 ppl) was I wish they had the bread for the Bon Mi but there's always next time.

• Visited August 2013
NC
“great pho”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

just moved to wilmington area, hit this place on a rainy evening. very very good pho in heart portions, great spring rolls. fast service, was amazed typical buffet chain a few doors down was packed, this place maybe 1/4 full and way way better food. will be a regular here as down the road from the house!

• Visited June 2013