“Very nice, very convenient.”
Review of Inn at Wilmington

Inn at Wilmington
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Wilmington
Cleveland, Ohio
“Very nice, very convenient.”
Reviewed December 9, 2010

While in Wilmington for a reunion, I stayed at the Inn at Wilmington based on the glowing reviews I had read here at TripAdvisor, and I can see why. The hotel was convenient (right off Concord Pike), friendly and clean. A couple of lights in the room didn't work, but they were fixed shortly after I asked. My only complaint was a funny noise that the heating system in my room made all night, which stood out in an otherwise very quiet room. I ended up turning off the heat because I couldn't stop focusing on the noise, which was sort of a hissing/clicking noise. Fix that, and the room would have been perfect. I will stay at the Inn at Wilmington again, though.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Lexington Park, Maryland
Reviewed October 12, 2010

My husband and I just stayed here for a friend’s wedding. We had a great stay; the hotel was very clean and quiet. The rooms were a descent size including a microwave and refrigerator, which was an added bonus. It’s located next to a few different restaurants and the mall is less than a half of mile away. The only downside to this place is that the beds were full size. If they upgraded to at least queen size beds we would have been more comfortable! Overall, we had a great stay & would go back if we were ever in the area.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Minnesota
Reviewed September 9, 2010

We had a very nice stay here last month. The location was nice and is within walking distance to many restaurants, and a short drive a to lots of shopping opportunities. This was also a short drive from the mansions we toured in the area.

The rooms were spacious, clean, and the beds were nice and we slept well. Very good parking lots with plenty of room.

Overall, this seemed liked a solid 4 star place to us. We've been in nicer hotels, but this one was above average in our opinion.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank FamilyVacationsMN
California
Reviewed July 26, 2010

After several stays at the nearby Homewood Suites, we had to look for an alternative this trip because the Homewood was booked. The Inn at Wilmington seemed "almost as good" so gave it a try. It was not terrible, but clearly not "almost as good". The "suites" were one big room (not great for 2 parents with night-owl teenagers), the breakfast was so-so, and the sofa-bed seemed uncomfortable. I'd put it at the level of a Hampton Inn, which isn't bad -- it may work just fine for most people, but don't expect too much, and go for the Homewood if you can.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank OldGuyfromBay
Vermont
Reviewed June 28, 2010

We are traveling through the area for one night. We didn't want to spend a lot of money on a one night hotel room. After reading the reviews on other hotels in the area, we decided to take a gamble on this place. I'm very glad we did. The room was clean, the front desk personnel spoke clear english and we enjoyed the free breakfast and wifi. It's a 100% non-smoking hotel and the air was fresh! We've stayed other places where it was non-smoking but the air wasn't as nice as it was here. There are a good number of restaurants within walking distance (Red Lobster, Famous Daves, Olive Garden and more). The surrounding area of the city was clean and pleasant. We give this place 4.5 out of 5 stars.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank auggies
Charlton, New York
Reviewed June 4, 2010

I recently stayed at this hotel for one night while visiting a friend in the area. It's located in a suburban area with two "chain" hotels and restaurants close by, but it had the look and feel of a much smaller hotel. Check-in was friendly and efficient.

My room was very comfortably sized; in addition to the bed, it had a small couch (!) and coffee table, a desk, flat-screen TV, a microwave, and even a small fridge. I would have had no problem staying there for a week. Wireless Internet worked effortlessly. The shower had good water pressure, and both the bathroom and the room itself were virtually spotless. The only thing missing was a hairdryer - a very minor complaint.

Continental breakfast was included with the room. The offerings were about average: cereal, oatmeal, yogurt, waffles that you could make yourself, juices, coffee, etc. (At least it was more than the tray of sugary pastries that I've seen in other hotels.) The one downside is that the dining room was on the small side, and I had to wait for a table. Also, the one elevator stopped working while I was there, and I had to descend three flights with my luggage when I checked out.

Overall, however, I thought this hotel offered excellent value -- the rate I paid with AAA membership (typically 10% under the regular room rate) was quite inexpensive. I'd definitely recommend this hotel and would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank LNMP
Virginia
Reviewed May 30, 2010

We stayed here because of TripAdvisor recommendations and were not disappointed. Our second floor room was clean and quiet and the continental breakfast was delicious, including hard boiled eggs and Tropicana OJ. Small quibbles: the sink is right next to the door so you need to be clothed if you're at the sink if your partner opens the door. The toilet and tub are in a claustrophobically small bathroom. The bathroom light is linked to the fan; we'd prefer to have a separate switch for the fan. Also there are no hooks by the sink to hang toiletry kits. Finally, the TV channels were limited; we would have liked to have TNT. A big plus was the heating/ac system: it wasn't overly noisy!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple