“Friendliest place and wonderful staff!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Inn at Wilmington

Inn at Wilmington
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Wilmington
Penobscot, ME
“Friendliest place and wonderful staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

I love this hotel. I stay here every time I come to Delaware. Lisa, the breakfast assistant, is amazing - she even remembers the names of my grandkids. When I check in I am greeted by the same wonderfully smiling face and made to feel at home. The room is clean clean clean! I can recommend this hotel for everyone and everything. Also, next door is a host of chain restaurants for your choosing. I'll be back next month, again!

Room Tip: Fitness facilities are shared with hotel next door - nice!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
CourtyardBrandywine, General Manager at Inn at Wilmington, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thank you for your comments. We are happy to hear you had another great stay at the Inn at Wilmington and look forward to your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Shelton, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Staff does not care about the customer.Gave me a room in which A/C didn't work, I had issues settling my bill because rate charged is different from what was promised. Next time I booked the hotel I was told before check-in that they have run out of rooms .. Never ever go near this place. please save yourself from getting embarrassed, I bet you will have problems during check-in and check-out... . Stay away from Mr. Director of sales

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
CourtyardBrandywine, General Manager at Inn at Wilmington, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Thank you for sharing your concerns regarding your overnight stay. I am sorry to hear that you did not experience a pleasant stay with us and would like to sincerely apologize. I have also addressed your concerns with our entire staff.
We honestly value you as our guest, and would very much like to have you as our guest again. I truly welcome the opportunity to speak with you at any time to further discuss the occurrences that transpired during your stay, so please feel free to call me directly.

Thanks again and have a pleasant day,
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Just finished a stay at the Inn at Wilmington; I had to travel to the area for a family matter and ended up having to stay at the hotel for about a week.
The hotel is clean and very comfortable, they have a great free breakfast with cereal, fruit and hot options each day and great coffee 24/7.
The staff was so friendly and helpful when we had to extend our reservation. If you are going to come to the Wilmington area and need a hotel I highly recommend the Inn at Wilmington.
I did give it a four star instead of a five star for one reason. We did have an ant situation in our room. In all fairness to the hotel it is the beginning of spring and we were on the first floor. The hotel did take care of it and I will say the hotel and room were very clean.
Also nice amenities, the hotel has the breakfast I mentioned plus a nice gym area and they share some perks with the Marriott in the same parking lot.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
CourtyardBrandywine, General Manager at Inn at Wilmington, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you so very much for taking the time to share your experience regarding your stay at the Inn at Wilmington. I am pleased to hear that you found our staff to be hospitable and accommodating. Both the staff, and management, really appreciates your compliments about our amenities and recommending our hotel to future travelers that may visit the area. Your concern was also taken very seriously and we have contacted, and scheduled a technician to come out and address the ant problem so that we can get it resolved.

Thanks again, we look forward to having you as our guest again!
Wilmington, Delaware
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Arrived at Inn at Wilmington -- only one room available at 4:00 pm. Since we had paid in advance we had to take the room. First floor, handicapped, street side and definitely not a Sheraton, Marriott or a Hilton. So much for Wilmington.

Room Tip: Go with the tried and true. Advertisements are just that.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
      Cleanliness
Thank you for taking the time to send feedback about your stay at the Inn at Wilmington. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Wilmington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

The hotel was nice, but check in was a nighmare. The did not get your fax telling them that I booked a room through you. The room the first gave me already had someone else in it. The people were nice.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Robert W
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at Inn at Wilmington. We apologize for any inconvenience you had at check-in.
Potomac, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Overall, a nice clean hotel for a fair price that is part of a lessor known chain.
Some pros were friendly check-in staff, a nice bed with crisp clean sheets, and nice soap products. The complimentary breakfast was pretty good as well.
The hotel is also within walking distance of a few restaurants that are great for lunch & dinner.
Some cons were a dirty tub and a strange smell in the room? that either our noses got used to or went away after some time.
They should advertise their partnership with a nearby hotel that has a pool so you can plan ahead of time to bring suits, etc.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for your feedback on your stay at the Inn at Wilmington. We are glad your overall stay was a good one and apologize for any inconveniences in your room.
Port Perry, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

I stayed a night during a business trip to Wilmington in October 2012. The hotel caters nicely to business travelers, with good size rooms, fitness facility, breakfast room etc. Staff were friendly and helpful. I would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
CourtyardBrandywine, General Manager at Inn at Wilmington, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Thank you for taking a moment to write such a positive response about your stay with us. The staff and management are pleased to hear that we were able to provide you with all the amenities and service that is needed while traveling.
We welcome the opportunity to have you as our guest again and look forward to seeing you during your next trip to Wilmington.