Inn at Wilmington
$345
$331
Travelocity
$155
All reviewsoperations managerfront deskwaffleswaffle makerlaw schoolhard boiled eggsroom was cleandouble queen roomfree breakfast isfresh fruitthe breakfast areastay there againlongwood gardenscoffee tablehot breakfastcourtyard marriottconvenient location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We first stayed at this hotel in 2010, and thought it would be a good choice once again. What a difference two years made! At our arrival, the man next to us was a guest looking for replacement card keys to his room. No big deal, we thought, and checked in and went to our room. After a few minutes there was a knock at the door, which I opened to find the young man from behind the desk with the credit card he had forgotten to return to me at check in.

After leaving our luggage in the room we went to dinner. When we returned to the hotel, our card keys would not open the door to our room. I rode the elevator to the desk for new keys. New keys would not open the door either, so I again rode the elevator to the desk. To make a very long story short, we waited in the lobby for almost three hours because no one could open the door to our room. Finally at 10:30 p.m. we were put in a second room--ready to sleep in our clothes. About 11 p.m. we were called to go to the original room--which had finally been opened by someone's hard key.

While I was not challenged the next morning when I said I would not pay for the stay, I still do not understand why it took so long to open the door to our room. The key situation at this hotel is clearly an issue, so traveler beware!

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank 88lobster
CourtyardBrandywine, General Manager at Inn at Wilmington, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2012

We regret that you did not experience an enjoyable stay with us and would like to offer our sincerest apologies for the unsuitable incident that occurred during your visit. We are glad that you brought this to our attention so that we could get the problem rectified immediately. I have followed up with our maintenance department and found that there was an electrical problem with that particular lock that we were unaware of which has now been corrected. We truly value you as our guest and would very much like for you to revisit us again so we can provide you with flawless service that you certainly deserve. Please feel free to call me at any time to further discuss the complications that occurred during your stay. When visiting the area, I hope that you will give us another try and call me directly so I can personally reserve your overnight room for you.Thanks for your feedback; we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

We are 2 visitors from U.K. and stayed here for one night before the arrival of Hurricane Sandy and were amazed at how very friendly and helpful the staff were. Found the room to be a good size, beds very comfortable and whole hotel very clean throughout. Breakfast had plenty of choice, and good value for money. We would be more than happy to stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
CourtyardBrandywine, General Manager at Inn at Wilmington, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2012

Thank you so very much for your excellent feedback! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our staff to be both pleasant and accommodating while you were visiting. I will let our entire staff how much you enjoyed their customer service and everything about our hotel. They really love knowing that guests appreciate their great service. Especially since we were all engaged in preparing for Hurricane Sandy, your wonderful comments definitely means a lot to us.
Thanks again and please visit us again when you are in the area. We would love to have you as our guests again! Maybe the next time you visit, the weather will be perfect!

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Well I have "stayed" at this hotel three consecutive times and each experience was exponetially worse than the time before. First go around no complains and was actually surprised how well it went. Second trip, get into the room, toilet doest not flush, (also needed to be flushed), tv does not have half the channels the guide says it has, and at one point there was actually no one working at the hotel. Third time, go to check in the girl behind the desk asks for my name and her face drops. Concierge: "Oo yea sorry, we couldnt book your room because we had already booked it. We probably should have called. Sorry. The Days Inn may have a room?" Nah thanks im good, excited to never be back to that hotel or Wilmington in general again. Thanks Inn at Wilmington for blowing my mind with your lack of professionalism!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Mike S
CourtyardBrandywine, General Manager at Inn at Wilmington, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

Please accept my apologies for the unpleasant experience you encountered during your recent stay at the Inn at Wilmington. We welcome your feedback, as it will certainly help us improve on how we can make each guests stay a positive one. Your reservation was confirmed through Expedia and did not have a phone number available for us to reach you prior to your arrival. We also reached out to Expedia to inform them of our sold out status. Regarding your past visit, we had our maintenance staff immediately address and resolve all concerns regarding your room. We also met with our front desk staff and placed great emphasis on the importance of meeting and exceeding our guest’s needs. We certainly hope you will reconsider and give Wilmington Delaware and the INN at Wilmington a second chance. I would also like to welcome the opportunity to speak with you directly about the incidents that occurred during your stay.

Thanks and have a great day!

Reviewed October 17, 2012

For the most part, the hotel was clean and personnel were friendly. The bathroom sink was cracked, the tub drain stop was pulled out of the drain, and I had to fix the constantly running toilet just as soon as I got into the room. There are lots of other hotels in the area with a better, more accessible location. The "store" had a poor selection of snacks, nail files and panty hose-- that's it! The "deluxe" continental breakfast was the same think most hotels serve. Nothing special.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
CourtyardBrandywine, General Manager at Inn at Wilmington, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

Thank you so much for bringing these matters to our attention. Your compliments of our staff and the cleanliness of guest rooms are very much appreciated as well. Not only do we want to provide our guests with a high level of customer service, we also want to make sure our rooms meet their expectations so that they can relax and enjoy their stay. You have brought some very valid points to our attention. We have restocked out market with additional items so we will an ample variety of snacks for our guests.
We have taken your concerns seriously and have addressed them with our entire staff. Thanks again for conveying your message to us. We truly hope you will visit us again in the future.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

After driving for 4 hours,and sitting in TRAFFIC for hours when we arrived at the hotel we were Welcomed and greeted by RJ at the front desk.He was great, courteous and friendly . Check in was fast and easy.Since it was late and we were hungry RJ provided us with menus of places that delivered.And who had good food.The room was clean & comfy.The location was great.We will come back to the Inn at Wilmington again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
CourtyardBrandywine, General Manager at Inn at Wilmington, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Thank you for your awesome compliment about RJ. After traveling for a long period of time it’s nice to hear that your check- in was smooth and you were greeted with outstanding customer service! I will definitely make sure RJ is aware that you were pleased with the excellent service he provided at check-in. We look forward to accommodating you again in the near future.

Thanks again!