DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Downtown Wilmington - Legal District
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Wilmington
Reviewed April 10, 2014

The only reason why I say it was just ok, is because the people next door to us made a lot of noise. The front desk was really nice when I checked in and out. I forgot my toothbrush and they has one sent to my room. If it wasn't for the noisy people next door,it would have been very good

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
AFiler, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Downtown Wilmington - Legal District, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2014

Najeray,

Thank you for writing a review on TripAdvisor. I am glad to hear we were able to provide you with great service. I do apologize for the challenge you encountered with noise. We do hope to see you again in the future and please do not hesitate to call down to the desk if noise is ever an issue. We will be happy to send a manager or security to rectify that situation. It is unfortunate when some guests do not take other guests provacy into account during their stay.

Reviewed April 9, 2014

Front desk staff was pleasent and friendly. Room lacked a microwave, which we had to request. Hot water was not available at check-in, due to repair work. Pool was not available either, and we had planned to use it. We had to request compensation for these inconveniences, so we suggested breakfast coupons for our family of 4, which were provided. Breakfast was acceptable, with an omlette station, and a fair amount of hot and cold food choices. The bathroom was small but satisfactory, and the room decor was acceptable. We had come to the area to attend a performance at The Grand Opera House, and it was a short walk from the hotel, which was perfect for us. Weekend parking at meters is free, so we used on-street parking.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Sharon,

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. I do sincerely apologize for the challenges you encountered during your stay. We did have some unfortunate things happen on that weekedn with the pool pump motor seizing and having to make an emergency repair to a water valve that afternoon. I am glad to hear you still enjoyed your stay and do hope you enjoyed your show at the Grand.

We do hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed April 5, 2014

Overall, very convenient location, reasonable price, but a little dated (especially the elevators), and not the cleanest hotel I've stayed in. Receives heavy conference traffic, and you have to pay for parking (although only $10/day). Probably won't be my first choice, but would stay there again for a simple overnight trip for convenience.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank allthatsposh
AFiler, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Downtown Wilmington - Legal District, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay. While glad to hear your stay was satisfactory, I do sincerely apologize for any challenges you encountered with cleanliness. Lack of cleanliness is unacceptable to us as it is to our guests. I would like to know about those challenges. If you have a moment to contact me to possibly let me know particulars so that we are able to address.

I appreciate your time. We do hope the next time you are in the area you will give us another try so we can show you a much improved stay.

Reviewed April 3, 2014

From the moment i checked in until the time i checked out was terrible service. I ate breakfast saturday morning in the rest. the service was terrilbe, the watriss, couldn't give me a receipt for my bill which she added on her phone caculator.....make me wonder where did that money go since it was not a receipt and i did need one for my expense account.......plrase call me 302-333-4483

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Darrell,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. I was glad to hear that you spoke with Matt, our assistant general manager, as we do want to provide all of our guests great guest service. I was on property on Saturday morning that particular weekend and do know that our computer system was down for approximately 30 minutes around mid-morning. But it definitely sounds as though it could have been handled much better than it was and we will definitely follow up.

We appreciate your feedback and do hope to see you again so we can provide you with a much better stay.

Please do not hesitate to contact me at any time.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

When we came in after a business meeting and were exhausted, the staff was so kind and handed us a warm cookie. We really appreciated all the help we received during our stay. It was convenient to our meet ins We will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. Our guest feedback does mean a great deal to us and I very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. I am very lucky to have a great team that does care about our guests.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

I first spoke with two Doubletree staff members over the phone prior to being directed to the reservation desk. Both informed me that there was a bereavement rate available for the requested night. However, when I arrived, the front desk clerk stated that he had never heard of such a rate. Due to the late night check in, I requested the AAA rate which was slightly less than the regular rate at $170.00 per night. In addition to the rate disappointment, I immediately noticed hair particles from previous guest inside the beds (two queens) and the floor was not vacuumed at all. Although I did not bring this to the hotel staff attention, my frustration could not have been over exaggerated. I instead, slept on top on the bed just hoping to get through the disappointment of paying $200.00 for a sub-par experience Furthermore, needless to say, I was truly disappointed that the same front desk clerk who checked me in a week earlier, checked in family members (Karen Yette) the following week (same day of the week, Wed) at a "bereavement" rate of $139.00 per night. If I were not present, I would not have believed it. The nightly rate was over $40.00 cheaper and he also took the time out to inform of parking privileges as well. Although my family did receive a bereavement rate the following week, they also checked into a room that had hair particles on the bed and the floor did not appear to be vacuumed either. The room was exchanged and free drink coupons were issued. The two experiences (3/19/14 and 3/26/14) with the Wilmington Doubletree were very disappointing and I will not being staying with you again or recommending. Truly disappointed.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
AFiler, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Downtown Wilmington - Legal District, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Juan,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. I sincerely apologize for the challneges you encountered as these are things that we expect none of our guests to have to encounter.

The different rates for the hotel change daily, and many of those particular rate plans are not always available depending on demand on any given night. I did go back and check that particular evening and the bereavement rate was not available for that particular night which I am assuming is why your reservation was made for the AAA rate, but you should have had that explained to you. That particular rate was available the following week however. I will follow up with both our reservations and front desk teams to ensure they are letting are guests know of the proper rate plans available.

I have already also addressed the room challenges with our housekeeping team so that something like that does not happen again. Lack of cleanliness is unacceptable to us as it is to our guests and is something we monitor very closely.

I will reach out to you personally so we can discuss this matter further. We do hope you might give us another try in the future so we can show you a much improved stay.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

Unfortunately, we were in a room next door to the electrical equipment. I slept very poorly and in fact did not enjoy being in the room at all for any length of time - the loud humming/buzzing noise (sounded like a very large transformer) was very annoying and intrusive. The staff was uniformly friendly and helpful, and the amenities, facilities and food were very nice

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Leigh,

The hotel appreciates you taking the time out to write a review. We are glad to hear the staff was friendly, I know they do take pride in providing great guest service to our guests. I sincerely apologize for the challenge you encountered due to room location. We are currently working with our owners to try and rectify that particular problem.

We do hope to see you again so we can provide you with a much better stay. Do not hesitate to contact me at any time.