“Double Tree Willmington”

Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Wilmington
Las Vegas, United States
“Double Tree Willmington”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Location was poor but I knew that going there. I was very dissapointed with the coffee pot in the room. I was attmepting to use this to heat up some water for Hot Chocolate. I ran just plan water through coffee maker five time and is still came out black. It was absolutely disgusting. I am so glad I attmepted to heat water and did not make coffee where the filth would have been masked.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

AFiler, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Downtown Wilmington - Legal District, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Shelby,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. I sincerely apologize for the challenge you encountered with your guest room. The hotel does have deep cleaning rotations set up above and beyond its daily cleanings and I have addressed with our housekeeping teams so something like this is not missed again.

The location of the hotel really depends on why you are traveling to the area. The hotel sits in the middle of the legal district so if part of the legal business or one of the several Fortune 500 companies within several blocks of the us.

We do hope to see you again so we can provide you a much improved stay.

Alan Filer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Arabic first
New Castle, Delaware
Reviewed February 20, 2014

I would like to compliment the desk clerk Dominique for oustanding service. Dominique was able to handle our booking issue with professionalism and friendliness. I'm a HiltonHonors member and I stay at your brand hotels frequently and by far that was the smoothest check in process despite our issue.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
AFiler, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Downtown Wilmington - Legal District, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Rowena,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I can not take the credit unfortunately, and have forwarded your comments to the General Manager at the DoubleTree in Wilmington to make sure Dominique is properly recognized.

We do hope we get a chance to see you in the future.

DoubleTree by Hilton Downtown Legal District
glurbnitz
Reviewed February 20, 2014

My daughter and I visited Wilmington for a cheerleading competition. The hotel was very pleasant. The room was large and the furnishings were nice. The food was good, not wonderful. At breakfast there was fresh fruit, which is important to me. There is free van service to anywhere in the immediate area. The only problem was that the heater in the room was noisy.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to writie a review on TripAdvisor. Our guest feedback is very important as we do use it on a daily basis with our teams. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and hope that you enjoyed the rest of your weekend at the competition as well. Thank you for pointing the challenge with the heating unit, I have already dispatched on engineering team to rectify that problem.

We hope to see you again in the future.

Middletown, Delaware
Reviewed February 16, 2014

The staff goes above and beyond for all of the guests. Food is fresh and delicious at breakfast and for large functions. If you need to plan an event Polly is your go to girl! I don't even know when she's NOT there! Do you ever sleep Polly and staff??!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

AFiler, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Downtown Wilmington - Legal District, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Mara,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and it seemed that night the event was a great success. I will relay your comments to Polly and her staff. She is one of the most dedicated team members I have ever come across and I am very lucky to have her on our team.

Hopefully the event was a success for the Leukemia Foundation and we do hope to continue to be a part of the event for many years to come.

Delaware, United States
Reviewed February 6, 2014

This hotel was amazing! It was my first time staying at a Double Tree hotel. I was surprise when I received a chocolate cookie upon check in. It was delicious. The room was nice and clean. I will definitely stay at a Double Tree again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

AFiler, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Downtown Wilmington - Legal District, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Kimberly,

Thank you for your 5 star review. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay, and I agree the cookies are the best!

We do hope to see you again when travel brings you to Wilmington.

Brooklyn, United States
Reviewed February 5, 2014

We booked a block of nearly 50 rooms at the Doubletree in Wilmington for our wedding. The staff was amazingly easy to work with in setting up the block, remarkably flexible, and even provided two shuttles free of charge to get more than 80 guests back and forth to the wedding venue across town. The rooms were great, the beds comfy, and the bath products were beautiful! Every staff member we came into contact with: desk, shuttle, restaurant, bar were the friendliest I've run across, and I've stayed at some of the major chains' flagships across the country. I could NOT recommend this hotel more highly for comfort, accessibility and price.

Michael,

Thank you so much for writing a review on TripAdvisor. Congratulations on your recent nuptials. We are glad to hear that you and your guests had a great weekend. It sounded from the feedback we received that everyone had a great time at the hotel as well as at the wedding.

Congrats again to you and Kerry. We do hope you have many years of happiness and hope to see you both again.

Virginia Beach, United States
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I went to this hotel after my plane was cancelled. The airline provided me with a number to a hotel discount site. I only had 3 to choose from and this one seemed the most decent. The hotel staff was decent enough, but the room they gave me was a handicap room which I did not like and the sink in the bathroom would not drain which made it inconvenient when I washed my hands or tried to brush my teeth and it made an ugly ring in the sink. When I brought this up with management on my departure day, they could tell me the problem I had with my bathroom before I gave them any details which means they knew about it. This made the trip even worst.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Carla,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. Our guests feedback is very important to us. I do apologize for the challneges you encountered with your sink. Our engineering team has since rectified that particular issue so it does not happen in the future. We do try to place our guests in the desired room type they prefer, unfortunately I know that particular evening we were very close to being completely sold so I know we had very little options left for room types.

We do hope to see you again in the future so we can provide you with a much better stay.