DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Downtown Wilmington - Legal District
Courtyard
$158
$144
Doubletree.com
Inn at Wilmington(Wilmington)(Great Value!)
$131
HOTEL DU PONT(Wilmington)
$399
$387
  • Restaurant
All reviewscookiesfront deskdouble treethe shuttle driverthe grand opera housefree shuttleamtrak stationmarket streetdoubletree by hiltonenjoyed my stayparking garageindoor poolhotel staffdowntown wilmingtonconvenient locationharrysylvia
Reviewed August 25, 2013

This is my first experience at a Doubletree property and I chose this hotel because of the excellent proximity to the college my daughter is attending thus making her orientation weekend a breeze. There is no doubt, this hotel caters to the business traveler based on location and decor. The check in was fast and the delicious warm cookie advertised was provided (calorie counters beware). In my interactions with the front desk, I found everyone to be accommodating but only 1 of the 4 people I dealt with during my 3 day stay was friendly. The others, despite the absence of other guests, were seemingly distracted and almost disturbed at the interruption. The hotel lobby is large and decorated with a modern decor and a great meeting place due to the abundance of large and comfortable seating areas. The atmosphere of bar and restaurant located at the end of the lobby, did not interfere with the flow of the lobby making it a great place to socialize (great happy hour prices Monday- Friday). The parking at the hotel is $10 per night, $15 for in and out privileges. I have been at hotels that charge twice as much, so I had no issue with parking at the well lit indoor garage the first 2 weekdays. On the weekend, the area is pretty desolate, and street parking is free on the weekends so it balanced out. The free Internet is also another plus. There is a charge for a "premium" connection, but my daughter and I had no issues with the connection speed of the standard/complimentary connection on our iPads.
The rooms are decorated with modern furniture and is simple yet functional. The fridge located in the tv cabinet was a very pleasant surprise. The bathroom is a little smaller than I would expect considering I was in the queen double room, but it was primarily due to the fact I had to share it with my teenage daughter. Unfortunately my only main complaint, is about the bed. The bed and pillows were not firm enough. There were both too soft to meet my personal preference of support. It was how I would imagine it would feel to sleep on a bean bag with pillow filled with marshmallows. A firmer pillow may have given me more comfort. The same bed I believe is offered at Sheraton hotels (which I believe has some of the most comfortable beds) but the pillows left me feeling achy in the morning.
Overall, my purpose was served however if I ever stayed at another Douletree hotel, I would consider brining my own pillow.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
AFiler, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Downtown Wilmington - Legal District, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

QRW1968,

Thank you very much for providing feedback regarding your stay. While glad to hear your stay was satisfactory, our goal is to provide friendly service to all of our guests and will review your comments with our teams.

We do hope to see you again. And no need to bring your own pillow, just let us know, we always have another option.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Very convenient to meeting location and the food at the restaurant was excellent! The room was clean and quiet and I had a great night's sleep. It was very easy to get to off of I-95 and near other restaurants. I attended a meeting at the government complex and was only a short walk away.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Rita Z,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate all of our guests feedback and are very glad you enjoyed your stay. We are glad the location worked for you as I agree the hotel is in a great location in the center of Downtown.

We do hope to see you again when your travels bring you to Wilmington.

Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

was pleasantly surprised. could find little to be dissatisfied with except one night the room was made up very late. very clean and pleasant surroundings for an older hotel.service was exceptional especially at the front desk.

• Stayed: August 2013

J S,

I appreciate the time you took to let us know about your stay. We are very glad you enjoyed your time with us. I will be sure to share your comments with our teams.

We do hope to see you again.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

The staff at this hotel was spectacular!! They helped us with everything we needed and everyone was so friendly! The beds were really comfortable! We slept great! The room did have a slight musty odor upon entering however, which is why I didn't rate it as excellent.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We were in Wilmington for a Blues Festival being held at a downtown park, and this hotel was very close to the event. The hotel is decorated beautifully. The most important thing to me is that a hotel be CLEAN, and this one is EXTREMELY CLEAN. They offer a safe parking area for your car. They offer breakfast right on site. The front desk staff was great! If you have to go to Wilmington, this hotel is a great choice!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple