“no cookie, no customer service”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Downtown Wilmington - Legal District
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Wilmington
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Called early to see if room was available before 12. Told they couldnt give me that information over the phone that I would need to come to hotel. Went there and was told "no there are no rooms available" You have to pay for parking whether you are a hotel guest or not so I got charged 2.00 just to ask a question that could have been answered over the phone. And no cookies ready at 7:00PM when my daughter and I got back from the Lacrosse tournament

Reviewed July 23, 2013

I am currently checked in to room 230 and what a sad room in a sad hotel. It is a room that opens onto the indoor pool and the smell of humidity and chlorine is all you smell leading up to the room. It has a window that looks outside into the hallway meaning everyone walking by would see in your room so of course you keep it closed so the room feels windowless. As bad as the smell is in the hallway the aroma of smoke that greeted me upon opening the door was worse ( and yes it is a non-smoking room). Going into the claustrophobic bathroom you instead get a very pungent mold smell that I narrowed down to the shower curtain. I feel like I am in a bad motel. :( so sad. At least the decor and furniture in the room are somewhat newer.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
AFiler, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Downtown Wilmington - Legal District, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback via Trip Advisor. We do appreciate your response and I do sincerely apologize for the lack of freshness of your guest room. While the hotel does have several rooms around the pool, which are very often requested, I completely understand how some of our guests find those rooms less desireable. I will absolutely address the freshness of your room with our housekeeping team so it can be rectified immediately.

We do hope the next time you are in Wilmington you will let us provide you with the stay that you not only expect but deserve.

Please do not hesitate to contact me at any time.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Even though I travel continuously, this was my first trip to Wilmington. I've had the opportunity to stay in a number of Double Tree by Hilton Hotels but I've never encountered a more professional and accommodating staff. From the very first moment of arrival, I was handed a cookie and guided through a non-standard registration process (based upon some issues I'm contending with) that would have created havoc at other hotels. Sara and Tammy handled the situation superbly and before I knew it, I was on my way to a very clean and well designed room. The fact that the hotel is also situated in the legal district was an added bonus. It's also a plus for business travelers and families to have free Wi-fi in the rooms.I highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to the Wilmington area. Make sure you say hello to Sara and Tammy!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your feedback and we are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. I will definitely share your comments with Tammy, Sarah and their peers. Our staff does take pride in making sure our guests enjoy their time with us.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Two problems mainly, first the room was not cleaned during the stay. The room was empty most of the day, yet they came while we were getting ready for the wedding we were attending. We were told that they could not come back to clean, so they gave us clean towels and more coffee. Second, the hotel was full and yet one of the two elevators was down for maintenance.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Our guests feedback is very important to us, we appreciate your time in writing a review. I do apologize for the challenges you encountered during your stay. While guest rooms are cleaned during the day at any point between 9am - 5pm, it is in no particular order unless we have guests requests. However, we should have offered to clean your room after you had left for the wedding you were attending. We will definitely address with our housekeeping team, I do appreciate you letting us know.

The elevator unfortunately was unoperational for a few days. The part was not readily available and had to be manufactured. I completely understand the inconvenience to our guests and we will do everything we can to ensure that something like that does not happen again.

Please do not hesitate to contact me at any time. We do hope to see you again in the future so we can provide you with the much improved stay that you deserve.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Mrs. Wilma Jean Ward Cortland ny excellent location, very friendly and helpful staff. truly enjoyed our stay. I would highly any double tree hotel to all my friends and family. This was the second double tree hotel that I have stayed in ,in the Wilmington area.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we do appreciate our guest feedback. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and we do hope to see you again very soon. Please do not hesiate to contact me at any time.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

We stayed for one night as we were passing through. It was a great hotel and we will defiantly stay again when we come down this way again. The rate of this hotel was also priced great as we did compare other hotels in the area and this was the best price in town.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for telling us about your stay. Our guest feedback is very important to us and we are glad to hear you enjoyed your time with us.

We do hope to see you again.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

We stayed at this hotel because an event we were attending was being held there. It wasn't the worst hotel we've ever stayed at but it wasn't that great. The window in our room didn't have a way to close the curtain (only sheers) and at sun up, the room was bright. Elevators were kind of scary. We stayed in the executive king. Nothing special about it.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on Trip Advisor. Our guests feedback is very important to us and I do apologize that we provide the service that our guests should be accustomed too.

We want all of our guests to be comfortable, and in each guest room we do provide black out drapes which are located behind the sheers, but do understand when they are open how they could be hidden behind the sheers and the drapes. While our elevators are older, our guests safety is of utmost importance to us. The elevators have a strict preventative maintenance schedule by an outside company as well as being inspected by the city bi-annually.

Please do not hesitate to contact me at any time. We do hope to see you again in the future so we can provide you with a much improved stay.